Ch. 32: Scratchy Throat

Shen: Y/N!!! Welcome back to the land of the living! 

Y/N: Shen, show me this letter that Jayce got at Jaytech. Which Jaytech was it? 

Shen: His cybernetics department received it, demanding enhancements for "special soldiers" or they will be exposed for all the dastardly deeds and human experiments they've done. 

Jaytech doing human... experimentation? No... that doesn't sound right. 

Y/N: I'm sure Cait knows more about this. Is it just a coincidence that half of the letters are from playing cards on this note? Also, like... the joker's head cut off the card and used as a seal... is this... ew. 

Some mysterious substance inside the envelope, smells like a mix of trash, blood, and straight up dung. 

Shen: That Shaco guy now has everyone scared once the story got out about Tobias Felix's murder. I mean, you murder someone in a capital building, whole governments get worried. Camille wants you to solve this bad because they're thinking of passing the case to the PNG. 

Piltovian. National. Guard. That would be fucking shit to have military presence all over Piltover. No freedom, more security, checkpoints. You'd think they'd be protecting the girls but really, they'd be just keeping them hostage, just on a different side. Yikes..

I run through my notes and all my leads, they still exist for the most part. Might see Luxanna, Mundo, or Scratch, probably Scratch, just to get the Seraphine side out of the way. I love the girl, and I hope this is just a simple case of jealousy. 

Y/N: Yeah, I'd rather these suspects have a pen pointed at them than a loaded assault rifle and curb-stomped while simultaneously being waterboarded. 

Shen: That's a little... umm... actually, they don't waterboard anymo-

Y/N: Shut up, Shen, you get the point. 

Shen: Yeah, I get it. 

Y/N: Just been cooped up for a week, I need to do something more active. 

I toss the letter back at him and use the rag he has out to dry off my hands. 

Y/N: Cybernetics... I need to look into that more, maybe Shaco is trying to build some freedom fighter abominations or something, like some cheesy movie. 

Shaco: Or some shitty plot...

Y/N: Yeah, more like that. 

We snicker and I take my leave, heading out the back. Scratch... it's your turn. 

When I leave, HOLY SHIT!!! Vi... 

Y/N: Vi? Is that you? 

Vi: Huh... Y/N!!! What's up, man?!

She runs over and bearhugs me, squeezing me a little extra harder than usual, picking me up and putting me down despite being smaller than me, fuck why is she so buff?!

Y/N: I see training is helping a ton, you look like you hunt animals with your bare hands! 

Vi: That's because I do! You need to come see a fight sometime, I might be heading to regionals. 

Y/N: That's awesome, and how's Caitlyn doing? 

Vi: Cupcake, she's... stressed, Jayce is not letting up since he got that letter.

Y/N: Welp, you busy? 

Vi: Nope. 

Y/N: Want to help me find the Zaun Diva? 

Vi: Oh, Scratch? Oh, she's a little crafty rodent when she's being chased, it's easy! We just pound on her door like we're journalists, she's always after fame. She's nice though, too bad she nearly went ballistic at Seraphine.