Ch. 44: Poptrio

Kali: The package is secure.

Bao: Mew...

Kali: No... BAO NOOO!!! That omelet is for Evelynn! Stop!

Kali keeps pushing Bao away from the takeout container. Sera takes Bao, putting him in the trunk of the SUV. Kai's Merc, I'm lucky I get to drive this G-Wagon. It's cool, but a little tacky. Black box on wheels with a giant engine for no reason.

Sera: Time out for you, mister!

Bao: Meow... HUH?!

Sera: Oh, don't you "HUH" me, naughty roll!

Kai: Hey, what's going on back there?

Y/N: Bao's just stealing food again.

Kali: Hey, he didn't get it this time...

Y/N: Are both containers still good?

Kali: Yep! Even though Bao ripped the bag open...

Bao: Meow.

Kai: That was fun, Y/N, even if it was just sipping tea with you.

Sera: Yeah, that was nice, hey, you think we can stop at the park?

Kali: Ugh... I need to work out!

Kai: You can do that at the park...

Kali: True. Alright.

Y/N: Drop off their food first so it doesn't get cold, then we go.

Kali: See, this is how I know you're smarter than me, I would've just left it in the car... *Giggle*

Y/N: Well, yeah, the food gets cold!

Kali: Alright, go run up and give them their food. Grab my running shoes too, please? I might go for a run.

Y/N: Of course.

Kali: Love you babe!

I deliver the food to the lounge, where Eve and Ahri were just hanging out, texting and looking cute.

Y/N: Food!

Ahri: *Gasp!* YES!!! Thank you so much! How was your guys' day out?

Eve: Oh, calm it down. I told you; Y/N wants to spend more time with them because he feels they aren't getting the attention that we are... and he's right.

Ahri: Yeah... while I do love how much you express it, it's true. Please make their days extra special, Y/N... Let Sera serenade you, Kai'Sa cuddle and cook with you, and Akali, help her learn a new move.

Eve: Use three fingers, teasing gets all of them going. Oh, oh, we're talking about... okay... well, make sure you cuddle up nice and warm... that or watch the clouds, something about being out in nature really brings you and your lover together, and I think the park has it down.

Y/N: Got it, I love you guys.

I kiss both of them on the cheek as they start to dig in, then they both give me a stroke of their tails and let me leave. I head back down to the car where Kali and Sera are passing Bao back and forth in the back seat.

Y/N: Hey, guys! Come on, leave the old boy alone.

Sera: Relax, I've done this a load of times! He loves it.

I get a call on my phone.

Y/N: Hold on... Yeah?

Camille: Detective, or I guess, I'll just call you Y/N for now, we got news on Viego!

Y/N: Good news?

Camille: He's on the ferry to Stillwater as we speak.

Y/N: That's amazing... any news on my license?