Ch. 9: A Quick Diversion

Y/N POV

Alright, killer, this is it. You got this, you eat people for breakfast, wait... no I don't, who the fuck am I, Nidalee?! 

I fix my hair, adjust my trench coat. Yes, it's trench coat weather today, so I wear my free scarf too to go along with it. No tie, I don't fuck with ties, no hat either, I don't fuck with hats when I styled my hair in a part. The five-o-clock shadow stays on too, since it's... I feel... my style.

Next, I get a call, it's from Cait. 

Cait: Hey, I forgot... good luck with the statements... mmm...

Her groaning is the hangover bug, 

Y/N: Someone had too much fun.

Cait: Yeah, maybe... but hey, good news, Vi is going straight. I convinced her to sign up for the tryouts for the RFC.

The RFC, badass mother fuckers and killers, Runeterra fighting championship. 

Cait: The female league, of course.

Y/N: She'd be a beast! Let me know when her first match is. 

Cait: Provided she makes it in. 

Y/N: Oh, if she's able to break someone's metal jaw with a well-placed right hook, then she'll be fine.

I still remember that crack... that's when Cait made the arrest, regretfully. 

*DISTANT METAL SNAP! DISTANT SCREAMING! HAZEY CROWD CHEERING!*

I want to see the beast unleashed, anyway...

Y/N: Right, it's time to head out. 

Cait: See ya.

I hang up and start making entries for each girl in my journal. I then proceed to stuff my phone in my pocket, along with my keys, my badge, and my piece. The 1911 is quite shiny and looking very shootable today, however I may not have to use it. 

Cue the theme song... if I even have one. I zoom to the elevator, riding down to the ratty lobby. Then, I'm already in my car, riding out to the K/DA penthouse that they sent me the address to. Bold of me to assume that worldwide superstars have only one place in town to crash. 

I get a call... and it's Ahri.

Y/N: Ms. Ahri?

Ahri: Hello! Are you on your way, detective? 

Y/N: I should be there in roughly... fifteen minutes! Now, why am I not allowed to come to the mansion? 

Ahri: It's... been... ransacked. 

Y/N: Wait, what? I was just there last night! 

Ahri: Well, I thought of somewhere nicer, that way you can talk to us about the other things a bit easier. 

Y/N: Welp, that won't work now, I have to go to this new crime scene and round up all the evidence I can find, nobody just simply ransacks a house, Ahri. Expect me to come by a bit later today, how does around lunch sound? 

Ahri: You want us to get you something? 

Y/N: No thanks. 

Ahri: Well... alright, see you then! And also, Seraphine enjoyed last night. 

Y/N: Between you and me... I didn't think it would end up that way. 

Ahri: You're a hot guy who takes a lonely woman home, what did you expect? 

Y/N: You haven't even met me yet and you're calling me hot? I'm flattered. 

Ahri: Ugh...

Y/N: I'm kidding! Alright, see you!