Ch. 38: Scratch-off

Sera: Wow... I never thought I'd be back here.

We part in front of Scratch's apartment complex. Thank the gods that the windows are tinted in the car, nobody was able to tell who was in the car. Even then, nobody was around, perfect.

I open the door for Sera and shield her on the way in.

Receptionist: Whattaya want?!

Unlike the nicer hitwoman that was sent to kill me.

Sera: Grechin... you know who it is.

Grechin: WHA?!

She looks up, giving us a sulking face and adjusting her glasses, her eyes practically bulging out of her skull with her massive lenses. She drops her raspy tone for a much nicer tone.

Grechin: Seraphine! Oh my gosh... my have you grown! Have you come to visit your old rocker girlfriend?

Sera: Remember I said I wasn't gay?

Grechin: Oh, okay... just know I wouldn't judge, sweetie-pie, she hasn't moved. And thank you, officer... you're doing this world a service protecting a woman like her.

Y/N: It's my pleasure, honest. Okay, let's do it.

Seraphine takes a couple deep breaths after we head up the stairs, and she hesitates before knocking on Scratch's door. Any... time... now... she knocks, here we go. She grabs my hand to calm herself down, and I grip it back, smirking down at her.

Scratch muffled: No fucking way...

She unlocks all of her locks on her door, then opens the door. They're both at a stand-still, both staring at one another, unsure of what to say or how to advance. Like... two orange cats linking their few braincells together, not implying these two lack braincells!

Scratch lowers her mask as Sera lets go of my hand.

Sera: S-Scratch...

Scratch: Songbird...

Sera: It's been a while.

Scratch: Yeah...

Sera goes to hold out her arms, but Scratch was already on it, rushing to her and closing the gap, and they have a massive hug sesh, bouncing up and down and giggling with one another, two best friends finally reunited after so much time.

Y/N: You know... you guys should give each other your socials, that way I don't have to be the chauffer.

Sera: Way to kill the moment, boo.

Scratch: Boo? Ohhh... that explains the twitch when I admitted to kissing her one time.

Y/N: Yeah, but it's no big deal! I understand you guys had quite the lives before all this shit started happening. I'm happy I could help you guys reunite!

Sera: Yeah, I know there's someone out there for you, Scratch-card, surely someone shares your likeness.

Scratch: Makes it easy that I'm bi...

Sera: Even better! Plenty of fish in the sea for ya! Let's go in and yap up a storm! I need to see what's been up!

Scratch: Sure! Come on eeeeen...!

*METAL CLANK! THUD!*

Scratch: MY LEG!!!

I round the entryway and see the tragedy. Her prosthetic leg fell off, and the imbalance just sent her straight to the floor. I pick up the leg and Sera helps her to the couch.

I send a text to Cait to put me on break for the time being. It'll be worth it spending it with these two.

Y/N: So, I always wondered as soon as I met you... what happened to your leg? Also, is that Jaytech? It's very bionic.