Ch. 12: Rusty Cage

Y/N POV

Officer: You hear about the court hearing happening this next weekend?

Other officer: Yeah, heard about that one, nation's taking their biggest contractor to court? The hell?

Y/N: Wait, fill me in, I've been busy having my head buried in this shit.

Officer: Jayce got a court-summoned, specifically by the leader of defense. I'm guessing... well, I don't know actually.

Other officer: What do you think, detective?

Y/N: Hmm, he must be doing something that they don't like. I mean, arrogant guy who knows how to optimize the world's resources and provide the best firepower in the name of progress and peace. Piltover... has a deal with Noxus for their weapons and their national guard or whatever.

Officer: Oh, see, we're happy we decided to talk about this with you, wonder if it's Piltover that's taking him there, or if it's Noxus. Maybe he finally made something that put him on their radar?

Y/N: Well, color me interested, I'll check it out.

Other Officer: Catch it this Saturday morning.

Officer: Heads up, we're just about here...

He zooms right up to the dock where a heavily armed guard grabs the rope after it's thrown.

Yeah, nobody leaves this fucking island, it's scary.

If you even manage to make it out of the prison, you're stuck here.

The guards will make sure that doesn't happen, especially units like this mister in a juggernaut suit armed with a M249 and a teargas grenade launcher on his back. Nope, definitely NOT overfunded in the slightest.

Juggernaut: Hey, what's up guys!

Officer: Not much, just taxiing this detective here!

Juggernaut: Last name and badge number?

Y/N: L/N, twelve-forty-seven.

Juggernaut: Yep, you're good! Alright, good luck in there.

He nods at me as I walk past him, exiting the doc and making my way to the entrance of the prison. I end up rounding the corner and making it into the front lobby, where I flash my badge and walk right in.

Receptionist: Good to see you, detective, warden's right around the corner.

Y/N: Thank you.

The warden comes in through the hall, then flicks his head, gesturing me to follow him.

The prison warden is a silent, very determined man, who takes pride in keeping his prisoners in check and inside the prison. With him around, nobody, and I mean nobody is breaking free from this prison.

He rounds the corner and I follow him into a conference room.

In a heavy Demacian accent, he says:

Warden: Thirty minutes each, no more, no less, no privacy, cameras on.

Y/N: Yes sir.

He nods, and opens the door for me, where he locks it right behind me.

Looks like Jhin is up first. I recognize him instantly, an Ionian man with short hair, a scar on his face from when he was cut, quite slender, but not ridiculously skinny, he does eat. Creepy as all hell though, because as soon as I lay eyes on him, he just smirks, and snickers.

Y/N: Something tells me you already know why I'm here.

Jhin: You have questions for me.

Y/N: Yeah, no shit, so you really don't know. Here, I thought your tormenting days were over, along with your influencer days. But... here I am, with a new problem.