Ch. 22: Never Mind

Y/N POV

The movie night was amazing, not something I think I've ever done in my life. This... feels really good, like I never relaxed like this before. These girls truly are something else...

But... the grind never stops.

Y/N: Tell me about that sushi place.

Eve: Where I was poisoned? Oh, uhm... we could just go there if you want, the night isn't over yet and they're open until two-

My phone immediately starts buzzing. 

Y/N: Y/N speaking, sorry Evelynn.

She sighs hot air for interrupting her, giving me the biggest face of disappointment. 

The girls start quietly talking about late night "sush". When I wouldn't touch the Wood Garden with a ten-foot pole. 

Cait: Hey... I'm working a bit late, running on some coffee, running through some evidence from Shen that we accrued after Tobias' death, especially since he had nobody in a will or any junk like that.

Y/N: Alright, what do you got? 

Cait: We got this flash drive and uhh... it's got some... interesting stuff on there. 

Y/N: What kind of "interesting stuff"? 

Cait: The sexy fun time stuff, stuff that Violet found very hot and now wants to try. Shen thinks it's degusting especially what they did with that broom-

Y/N: ALRIGHT!!! Alright... did you document it yet? 

Cait: I was about to. 

Y/N: Don't, I'll come by and take it. 

Cait: What is it? 

Y/N: I'll bring Evelynn and she can tell you herself. Either keep it on your personal so I can take it or destroy it in case something bad happens. 

Cait: Got it.

Y/N: You're the best lieutenant. 

Eve: Is that Detective Caitlyn? 

I nod my head. 

Cait in a dark voice: Damn right I am... *Light giggle* 

I hang up, putting my phone away and admiring Eve's concerned, glowing beauties for eyes. 

Y/N whispers: She found the tape. 

She gasps, showing off her fangs, then starts squirming off the couch. I button my shirt up, rushing to my room to dress up. 

Sera: Hey! Where are you guys going! 

Y/N: Important case stuff. The department got ahold of something stolen from Eve. 

Ahri: Oh, well, go! Have fun and pick up some sushi! 

Y/N: Not from the Wood Garden... I know a good place. 

Akali: Uncle Lee's...

I pop the magazine out of my '1911, and place it back, we're good to go, stuffing it in my jacket. 

*NYOOOOOM! SUPERCHARGER WHINE!* 

I rip into the back parking lot, stepping out of the car the second it shuts off.

Eve: Can I come? 

Y/N: Come! 

Eve rushes with me inside, following me as we beeline it to the evidence kiosk, where Shen and Eve are playing with a paper football.

Shen: Awww.... fuck! 

Cait: Yes... let's go... OH!!! YOU GOT SO FUCKED!!! HAHAHA!!!

That's the competitive Caitlyn I remember, but it looks like Vi is rubbing off on her. That and coffee... from the late hours...