Ch. 48: So Long

*NYOOOOOM! SNOW FLYING IN THE WIND!*

My dad's old snowmobile, a little old but still purrs like a fox woman. I blast all the way to the nearby hospital. Olaf starts calling me, so I gotta try and finesse this...

Y/N: YO?!

Olaf: Evelynn gave me your number! FOUNDLING WEST!!!

Y/N: GOT IT!

I hang up, shoving it back in my coat and adjusting my helmet. I blast into an icy intersection, where I see the cars moving with me... sedan to my right, SUV to my left, I can avoid the snowplow... if... alright, time it. 

I zoom right in between both cars, sending them swerving but into a snow pile, not necessarily a snowbank. The plow, I maneuver right around, ending up on the snow right before the hospital. I finish my trip by parking, losing the helmet, and heading right in through the front. 

Receptionist: <Hello!> Can I help you?

Y/N: I'm Y/N L/N, where's Robert?!

Receptionist: Relax... he's fine... he's in intensive care, but we're doing everything we-

Y/N: Look, lady, I understand you have a job to do, but I do too, and that's seeing my dad before he keels over. Trust me, he'd want this too. 

The receptionist immediately stops typing and picks up the phone, calling one of the nearby nurse stations I imagine. 

Receptionist: Can one of you come escort a Mr. Y/N there? Tell Robert he has a visitor! 

In a short while, one of the nurses comes down. 

Nurse: Y/N L/N? Come with me please! Make sure you put on a mask as we roam the halls! You can take it off once we're inside. 

I abide by her rules, putting on the small, paper-thin mask and following her through the hospital and into an elevator. 

Nurse: I didn't know Robert had a son...

Y/N: Well, you do now... 

After the elevator hits the right floor, she rushes me to the front desk on this floor. 

Nurse: Can I see some identification? 

She runs my ID at the nurse's station which is just unnecessary, but it checks out and I am indeed my dad's son. I am a real citizen of Piltover and Freljord as well. Then, she hands it back to me and takes me to the room. 

Nurse: He's right in there... now, I will be honest. We've done everything we possibly can, it'll take a miracle to cure something that strong in his system...

Y/N: My life runs on miracles... thank you for this. 

She lets me go inside the room, it's dimly lit and he's watching some reality show, if it's... yep, a car show, that's definitely my father. I walk in front of the tv...

Dad: H-hey... *cough cough* 

Y/N: Almost a decade... and you're still watching these shows? You know they just overdo it for tv right? Nobody actually wants a car that looks like that...

His eyes widen as I take off my mask, I have changed since the last time I've seen him, but he's a smart guy, he can recognize his son when he sees him. 

Dad: Y/N... my boy... *cough cough, light spit* 

I grab the chair next to the bed, sitting down and putting my hand on his shoulder. 

Y/N: Yep, I'm here dad, I made it. Made it when everybody else already did...

Dad: That's because they all pulled a you... boy... they just... up and left. They didn't believe what Freljord could become...