Ch. 8: Demonic Presence

Y/N POV

Cait: This is so cool...

Vi: Yeah, I loved these girls, this is crazy to see.

Y/N: Well, go to talk to them! Evelynn is right there with Akali.

Cait: Kai'Sa and Ahri are at the bar.

Vi: And... look at poor Seraphine, sitting alone at a high table.

Y/N: She looks... at peace... like she wants to be left alone.

We need to stop peoplewatching, this is getting bad.

Vi: Go talk to her.

Y/N: She clearly wants to be left-

She gives me a meaty shove; I try to return back and Vi pushes me back out there.

Alright, rizz, how does it work? It isn't real, self-proclaimed rizz doesn't exist, if you use the term "rizz", it's never worked for you.

Alright... shit...

She's just sitting there, sipping a hard seltzer, waiting for my introduction.

Now, based on her Zaunite background, she either has the humor of a potato, like me, or the humor of Jinx, where cutting people's fingers off is funny.

Although, seeing as she left for Piltover, she's probably harmless.

I'm right next to the table, she's not aware of my presence but it's time to say something.

Y/N, it isn't hard, you got this.

Y/N: I gotta say!

She jerks her head up, like she's been startled. Those eyes, what the fuck... it's like a sparkling blue. Her gaze hits me, and makes me hesitate a little, with her mouth slightly parted open on curiosity.

Seraphine: Huh?

Y/N: Seraphine, you sang your heart out.

I know more about her than she knows about me.

I know about the restraining order with her mother, how she only has her father that was an alcoholic, her occupation at Hella-bean in Zaun before moving to Piltover. I know she's partially deaf in both ears, but that's common knowledge if you ever saw one of her Twitter, I'm sorry, X posts. I need to be careful, or else I'll look like a stalker.

I don't want her to know I'm a cop just yet...

Y/N: Like, I've never heard a voice so enchanting, so sweet, I mean, you should be proud of how far you came. I could see why they reached out to you a few years back.

Seraphine: Well, I appreciate every fan. Especially the ones that are confident enough to come tell me themselves.

Y/N: I mean, I like all of the K/DA, like you're music isn't bad, but your concerts are amazing.

Seraphine: Oh, well, thank Ahri for that...

Y/N: Eh, I figured I talk to you since you looked like you were in dire need of company.

Seraphine: Well, only for someone like you... Can I get you a drink?

Y/N: I mean, I would, probably a couple weeks ago but I'm...

Seraphine: Oh, you're going through the recovery, I get you, my dad was the same.

Y/N: Oh, no shit, did he go back to drinking after that?

Seraphine: Oh, he did, but he limits himself to two if he ever goes out. He's... finally accepting she's not worth thinking about.

Y/N: She... uh... mom, I'm guessing? I'm sorry about that. I only asked that because I was thinking the same after. I used to drink about ten drinks a night, and it'll be good to know how people handle it.