44

I have never been afraid to lose someone so much. When I was a kid, I have been craving for a family's love and attention. Being abandoned was my biggest fear before. I felt alone, but I didn't want them to leave me.

Ngunit kung ikukumpara ko ngayon ito, mas takot akong mawala si Kenisha. I felt peace with her. She is the person who made me feel safe, understood, love, and valued. At dahil naramdaman ko ang maraming bagay sa kanya, ayoko na itong mawala pa. I want to feel and keep it forever to me. Pero bakit... Bakit ipinagkait sa'kin 'yon?

"I can't leave her, Kade. I am choosing Kenisha over my dream."

Wala akong pakealam kahit basang-basa ako ngayon sa ulan. I want to see her... If I won't see her tonight, then I might not see her tomorrow.

"Gosh... I didn't know you are that type of guy who will put a girl first. You are really in love."

"She is not just a girl for me. She is the woman I love, Kade. Kakausapin ko si Dad pagkatapos kong makipag-ayos kay Kenisha. I will defend my dream and my love for her."

"Okay. Just talk to her tonight. You have a flight tomorrow. Also, please-"

"Kenisha?"

"Huh?"

My forehead creased when I saw her standing at the side of the road. She is also wet because of the rain. I couldn't understand what Kade was saying. The next thing I knew, someone pushed Kenisha. Nabitawan ko ang cellphone ko at tumakbo palapit sa kanya.

"Keni!"

I was trembling and kneeled when I saw her face with blood. My eyes widened when I also saw Misha laying down. Mas marami siyang dugo kesa sa Ate niya. Fuck! What... Why...

"Fuck! Call an ambulance. Please!"

"Keni... Fuck, Keni... Wake up..."

She tried to open her eyes. Nakita ko ang paglingon niya sa babaeng hindi kalayuan sa amin. Tumulo ang luha ko dahil sa takot. I was too late!

Lumapit ang driver ng motor sa amin ni Kenisha. Kahit ang driver ng sasakyan na nakasagasa kay Misha ay bumaba. A lot of them are panicking. I don't know what to do. Kenisha lost her consciousness! Her sister was also covered with blood!

I was waiting for the doctor to come out. I kept on walking back and forth. I don't know what to do. What should I do?

"This is my fault!"

Hindi na sana ako umalis! She would've called me if she didn't find out about me leaving! She won't hesitate to call me for help. Kung mas maaga akong umalis, hindi sila maaaksidente!

"Markien."

I looked at Kade. Bago pa man ako makapag-salita, lumabas na ang doctor kaya kaagad akong lumapit.

"How is her sister?"

"I am very sorry."

I was praying for them to be okay. I am scared that something bad might happen to them. However, it did not go well.

Misha is... dead.

Kenisha's hope... is gone. It broke me into pieces as I remembered Kenisha's smile while talking about Misha most of the time. How she wants to go out with her, how she loves taking care of her, or what are her plans and dreams for Misha.

I failed to protect who makes Kenisha happy the most. I failed to protect her smile.

"Keni... I am very sorry..." Hindi ko mapigilan ang sarili kong umiyak habang hawak ang kamay ng babaeng mahal ko. "I am sorry... She will not be here with us anymore..."