𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒★

𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟓 - 𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐬

She had picked the absolute worst day to wake up late. Her robes were hastily buttoned and shoes shoved onto her feet. Breakfast was abandoned; there was no time to savor the simple pleasures of a morning meal.

Navigating through the crowded halls, she found herself entangled in the sea of students.

The usual hustle and bustle of Hogwarts' corridors seemed even more chaotic today. Free periods had unleashed a wave of students, creating an obstacle course for anyone in a hurry.

Shouldering her way through the clusters of chatting witches and wizards, she couldn't help but feel a twinge of frustration.

Each minute slipping away brought her closer to the inevitable confrontation with her Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

The distant sound of the clock tower's chime echoed through the chaos, a constant reminder of time slipping through her fingers.

With determined strides, she pressed on, determined to reach her destination despite the unforeseen obstacles in her path.

Finally making it to the door, she tried to compose herself taking a breath she opened it and walked in with as much grace as she could have.

The transition from the bustling halls to the relative calm of the classroom offered a brief respite. Straightening her posture, she surveyed the room, searching for an available seat.

The professor, engrossed in setting up for the lesson, hadn't yet noticed her late entrance.

Seizing the opportunity, she quietly made her way to an empty desk, hoping her tardiness would go unnoticed.

As she settled into her seat, she heard him "Ah, Miss Black" Professor Albus Dumbledore smiled warmly at her.

Her heart sank as she met his gaze. The warmth in his eyes made her feel both reassured and uneasy.

It seemed her attempt at slipping into class unnoticed had failed. With a polite nod, she acknowledged the professor's greeting, bracing herself for whatever consequences her tardiness might entail.

Dumbledore continued, his tone kind but firm, "I trust you had a good reason for your delayed entrance. Do take a moment to share it with the class." He smiled knowing he was throwing her under the bus.

Coughing, brushing her fingers through her uncombed hair she tried to think of any excuse.

The eyes of her classmates were fixed on her, a mixture of curiosity and judgment evident in their expressions. Professor Dumbledore's patient gaze encouraged her to explain.

"Apologies, Professor Dumbledore," she mumbled, her cheeks tinged with embarrassment. "I'm afraid I overslept and lost track of time. It won't happen again."