★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟔★

𝟑 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟒 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐬

"Sirius!"

Her voice reverberated through the expanse of the Black Manor Gardens as the five-year-old boy darted away, a whirlwind of energy.

"Leave him be, Wal. It's not like he'll get lost," Alphard remarked, standing beside her with Regulus fidgeting in his arms.

She sighed, watching Sirius continue his escapades through the garden. "He's relentless. I just worry he'll get hurt."

"He will be fine, Andromeda is with him," Cygnus spoke up as the trio sat down under the gazebo.

Walburga reluctantly accepted their reassurances, her eyes never leaving Sirius as he ran around with his cousin. Andromeda, being the older and more responsible cousin, held Sirius's hand, ensuring the energetic boy didn't touch any potentially poisonous flora.

"Sit down Walburga, the boy isn't going anywhere you can relax a little bit." Alphard's voice was calm as he sat down near his brother whilst looking at the worried mother.

Walburga reluctantly took a seat, her eyes still trained on Sirius as he continued his playful exploration of the garden.

That was what motherhood had been for her, constant vigilance over her children. To some, it might seem like borderline restraint, but in her eyes, it was a protective shield guarding her sons from the myriad dangers that could befall them.

The three siblings sat in companionable silence for a moment, each lost in their thoughts while Sirius's laughter continued to ring through the garden.

Cygnus, breaking the quietude, turned to Alphard with a raised eyebrow. "Alphard, how are things in Romania?"

Alphard took a sip of his drink before responding. "The dragon reserves are expanding, but the regulations are becoming stricter. The Ministry is worried about potential breaches. Though, I have invested quite a lot into the reserve I've made a profit from it."

He smiled as Regulus moved to play with his tie.

Cygnus raised an eyebrow, "Well done. Perhaps we should all consider diversifying our investments."

Alphard chuckled. "The dragons may be fierce, but they can be quite profitable. And speaking of profits, how's the family estate, Walburga?"

As Walburga spoke of their estate, her gaze shifted momentarily from Sirius. "Well enough, Cygnus and I have split the responsibilities and straightened out the estates that father left behind."

The mention of Pollux Black, their father, brought a solemn air to the conversation. Eight months had passed since his demise. Cygnus, the one who had discovered their father's lifeless form, without a second thought rushed to Walburga's home in a state of hysteria.