𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓☆

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟎 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐬.

A gentle breeze rustled through the garden the following morning as the sun cast a warm glow

A gentle breeze rustled through the garden the following morning as the sun cast a warm glow. Walburga, with a sense of determination, asked Alphard to join her for breakfast amidst the blossoms and verdant surroundings.

Still nursing the weight of his sorrows from the previous night's wine, Alphard rolled his eyes but reluctantly agreed.

The contrast between their moods was palpable as Walburga happily indulged in strawberry crepes, while Alphard unhappily sipped his juice.

Silence hung in the air for a moment before Walburga, with a mockingly sweet smile, attempted to lift the heaviness. "Oh, dearest brother, the garden is a place of unparalleled solace. I'm sure the beauty around us will miraculously erase the deep philosophical turmoil you're experiencing."

He managed an exaggerated nod, playing along. "Of course, Walburga. I'm counting on the flowers to solve all my existential crises. What a fool I've been!"

She chuckled, her eyes sparkling with mischief. " Perhaps we should ask the roses for their wise counsel on life's complexities."

Alphard grinned a glint of amusement in his eyes. "Yes, and maybe the daisies can provide financial advice while we're at it. I hear they're excellent with investments."

Smiling, she offered him a grape, which he took with a playful eye roll. "Here, look at the Prophet and stop ruining my morning," she said, unwrapping the brand new newspaper.

Alphard, still nursing his sour mood, took the grape but quipped, "Ah, yes, the Prophet. Because nothing brightens my day like reading about the latest scandals and impending doom."

Walburga chuckled, shaking her head. "You really do know how to appreciate the finer things, Alphard. Scandals and impending doom are the breakfast of champions, after all."

As he glanced at the headlines, his expression turned from mock boredom to genuine curiosity. "The last Acolyte has attacked a muggle family in Sweden, Malachi Macduff."

Walburga immediately dropped her fork and reached for the paper, only for Alphard to move while reading it aloud. "Malachi Macduff, an unregistered Animagus; known for being in Grindelwald's inner circle has been wanted in the wizarding world for six years."

He looked over his sister before continuing, "After attacking the Black Family with Krafft, Macduff made a run for and has successfully avoided the ministry's many attempts of capturing him. We ask the wizarding world to be wary of any siting of this man in both forms either a Bear or Man."

Walburga's eyes narrowed, and she folded her hands in thought. "Last I heard of him, he was in hiding somewhere near Russia."

Alphard sighed, frustration evident in his voice. "Seems like he enjoys staying one step ahead. Attacking our uncle's home and then eluding capture—his arrogance knows no bounds."