★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟎★

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟑𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟐 - 𝐃𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲.

Navigating the crowded Diagon Alley, Walburga tightly gripped both Sirius' and Regulus' shoulders, keeping them close amidst the bustling crowd of wizards

Navigating the crowded Diagon Alley, Walburga tightly gripped both Sirius' and Regulus' shoulders, keeping them close amidst the bustling crowd of wizards. Despite the chaos, she felt a sense of anticipation for the new school year at Hogwarts.

The summer had seemed long, and while she cherished having both her sons at home, she also looked forward to the opportunity for them to bond and grow at Hogwarts.

Both boys had completely different lists, so the trio had been trying to strategize the best way to collect everything.

"I can get my stuff alone," Sirius declared his voice monotone, as his eyes scanned the bustling crowds for any sign of James and his parents.

Despite the summer's passing, he seemed to have grown taller and more rebellious, his demeanor contrasting sharply with the perfectly tailored robes she had painstakingly commissioned for him.

Before she could utter a word, Sirius had already spotted the Potter family amidst the crowd. "James!" he called out, his voice cutting through the noise of the bustling Diagon Alley.

Quickly pushing both boys into a nearby parchment shop, she closed the shop door before looking at him again, "Is that what you'll do to Regulus when you go to Hogwarts?" She was annoyed with the constant talk of James and his friends—it seemed to dominate their summer conversations.

"Simply, abandon him and run off with those-"

He interrupted her sentence, something he had grown to love. "No, of course not. He will hang out with us." He crossed his arms unintentionally copying her stance.

She raised an eyebrow, unimpressed by his imitation. "And what if he doesn't want to?" she countered, her tone firm. "You can't force him to be friends with your crowd."

"Mother, it's fine," Regulus spoke up as he looked at the different types of parchment around them, clearly ambivalent about it all. "Let him go, I'd rather not spend the day hearing of how he wanted to shop with James."

Walburga glanced at Regulus, her expression softening slightly at his words. "I appreciate the concern, but no." Looking back at Sirius her gaze hardened, "Now, you will shop with us and I won't hear one word of-"

"James!" Sirius ran past her and Regulus and nearly tackled the spectacled boy who tackled him back.

She sighed heavily, feeling a mixture of frustration and embarrassment wash over her as she watched the scene unfold.

"Sirius! How I've missed you, did you get your quidditch gear yet?" The spectacled boy asked as he let go of her son. The two boys spoke, as though they were the only two people in the shop.

Walburga's social mask slipped into place as she greeted the Potters with a fake smile. "Nice to see you, Mr. and Mrs. Potter," she said, nodding politely.