★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟒★

( 𝟐 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟏 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

"Gryffindor? No- Surely the sorting hat was wrong." Orion paced in front of her as she read the first letter they received from Sirius at Hogwarts.

Walburga's expression tightened as she listened to Orion's pacing. "Perhaps," she replied, her tone clipped, "but the Sorting Hat's decisions are final." She scanned the letter again, her mind racing with worry and frustration.

As she read the name of his first friend, disappointment surged within her. It was a last name she was all too familiar with, associated with blood traitors. Sirius had become friends with a blood traitor and had been sorted into Gryffindor, all in one day.

He stopped pacing abruptly, his eyes burning with fury as he fixed his gaze on her. "Why are you not as incensed as you should be?" he demanded, his voice a low growl. Snatching the letter from her trembling hands, he waved it in front of her face.

"This brings a new level of shame to our family, Walburga. Our son, consorting with blood traitors and being sorted into Gryffindor – it's an outrage!" His words dripped with venom, each syllable punctuated by his mounting rage.

She pursed her lips, her hands clenched tightly at her sides. "What is it you would have me do? Curse him to oblivion?" Her voice trembled with suppressed emotion. "Of course I am angry, I am furious, I am beyond disappointed. You are right; it is an outrage. It's a tragedy that he managed to break a tradition that our family suffered greatly to uphold."

Her eyes flashed with a mixture of frustration and sorrow.

"But, quite frankly, we have bigger things to worry about, Orion," she continued, her voice steadying with resolve. "With the mass killings that his followers have done, we need to consider his offer. We need to consider what it is our family will do." She paused, her gaze searching his face for understanding.

"I care more for the safety of my sons at the moment than I do for what house Sirius has joined, no matter how angry it makes me. Cygnus has told me that Bella has decided to get the Death Eater mark." Her tone was grave, weighted with the implications of their family's future.

She had tried her best to ignore the murmurs of the growing dark wizard, within the community. Of course, she heard of the rumors; but, within the last two years, they had come true.

Lord Voldemort was his name, and he was as mighty and as dangerous as a dark cloud looming over their world, casting a shadow of fear and uncertainty wherever it spread. His followers, Death Eaters, were gaining strength and wreaking havoc across the wizarding world.

She hadn't encountered him but Cygnus had, and so had Abraxas. Both had joined his cause in dominance over both the muggle and wizarding world. When she had spoken to Alphard he claimed he wasn't approached by anyone, she had no reason to question him any further. The only family that hadn't yet joined or openly supported his cause was hers.