𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟏☆

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟏 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

Seconds had turned into minutes, and minutes into hours, as Walburga waited anxiously for Kreacher to return with the potion vial

The pains of labor were getting hours by the second as her white dress had all but turned red with her blood - she had been sweating so much that her hair had begun to look wet. In her pain, she bit at her lips until they were red with raw skin.

In her moments of agony, Walburga's yells of pain reached the innocent ears of Sirius. The young boy, awakened by the distressing sounds, found himself caught amid a situation he couldn't comprehend.

In an attempt to shield him from her, she gave him his toys.

The rain continued as the sun above all of the clouds began to set, thunder could be heard from her spot as she leaned against the wall for support.

She did not - no, she could not give birth. She was afraid the baby would be stillborn since it was arriving one month early. In her mind, it was better to keep it inside of her, where it was still alive and safe.

Crying out in pain once again, Walburga felt her water break, further wetting the floor beneath her. The room, already marked by the stains of her blood, bore witness to the relentless ordeal.

In the throes of labor, Walburga yearned for the presence of her brother, her husband, and even her father. But, yet again she was alone - with the exception of her boy.

Sliding down the wall she was leaning on she closed her eyes in pain as her hands gripped her stomach.

The familiar sound of a pop, echoing through the room, was like music to her ears.

"Mistress, Kreacher has retrieved the vial as you ordered," came the voice of the house-elf, breaking the heavy silence of the room.

A smile, born amidst the pain, graced Walburga's lips as she felt the plan's weight lifting off her shoulders. "Good job, Kreacher now get rid of the vial - destroy it."

The house-elf's eyes, for the first time in all his years of service to the Noble House of Black, were filled with genuine worry for his owner.

Walburga's next words cut through the air, urgency coloring her tone, "Before you do that - I need you to go straight to St. Mungos and bring back healers, I am having the child now. Please Kreacher, help me."

Kreacher, his eyes filled with genuine worry for his owner, nodded solemnly in response to Walburga's urgent plea. "As Mistress commands," he said with a bow before promptly Disapparating from the room.

Gathering as much of her strength as she could muster, Walburga clutched Sirius tightly and practically limped her way to the master bedroom of Grimmauld Place.