☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑𝟓 ☆

(𝟐 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲.

The grass crunched underfoot as she walked through the cemetery, the cool wind tousling her hair

The grass crunched underfoot as she walked through the cemetery, the cool wind tousling her hair. The journey had been arduous, but she would have chosen death over not coming at all.

Her unbrushed hair blew across her face as she moved among the rows of gravestones.

She didn't bother to read the inscriptions, keeping her gaze fixed on the grassy path ahead.

Alecto had come, as she did every week since Walburga's death. In her honor, she had let the blonde hair dye fade away, reverting to the brown hair that Walburga had preferred.

Wrapping the shawl around herself, its comforting weight a reminder of the many pieces of clothing Walburga had gifted her over their time together, Alecto stood before the familiar large gravestone. She gazed at the inscription:

'Here lies Walburga Black - Mother, Daughter, Pureblood.'

Alecto felt a pang of sorrow and gratitude, remembering the lessons Walburga had imparted and the bond they had shared.

Reaching for her wand, she conjured white roses.

Turning her gaze to the two gravestones next to Walburga's, she read the names engraved upon them: Regulus Black and Orion Black. Walburga had been reunited with her family in death, yet as Alecto looked at the three matching stones, a profound sadness washed over her.

Walburga had been reunited with her family, and yet as Alecto looked at the three matching stones she felt sadness.

Placing the white roses at each grave, Alecto bowed her head in silent tribute.

The wind whispered through the cemetery, carrying with it the echoes of their lives and the enduring bonds that even death could not sever.

Wiping the stray tears that fell from her face, Alecto let herself sink beside Walburga's grave. The coolness of the stone beneath her offered a stark contrast to the warmth of her memories.

She traced the engraved letters of Walburga's name with trembling fingers, her touch gentle yet filled with a profound sense of loss.

Memories flooded her mind—moments of laughter, of wisdom imparted, of challenges faced together.

As tears streamed down her cheeks, they wet the stone beneath her.

Staying there until the sun began to set, Alecto sighed deeply, leaning forward to place a kiss on the stone marking Walburga's resting place. Her touch was gentle, filled with the weight of her emotions and the promise of return.

"I will come back," she whispered.

With one last lingering look, Alecto stood up, her eyes hardening with determination.

Turning around, she prepared herself for the long journey back to Spain, where her brother had all but gone mad.

News of Walburga Black's passing had reached the Carrows through the Daily Prophet.

They were in the cottage that had once been Walburga's gift to Alecto. When Amycus read the news, both siblings were deeply affected.

Amycus's reaction was stark—turning cold and angry, his bouts of madness escalating. Alecto often found herself in heated arguments with him, trying to reason through his tumultuous emotions.

Even though her brother had grown angry, it was Alecto who was truly heartbroken.

The news of Walburga's passing triggered an episode of complete mania for her, ending with tears and half of her hair chopped off in a moment of chaotic release.

Her sorrow ran deep, but unlike traditional grief that fed on itself, Alecto's sorrow was different—it fed on rage. The loss of Walburga ignited a fire within her, a burning need for justice or retribution, fueled by the injustice she perceived in the world.

Both siblings, Alecto and Amycus, despite their mutual animosity, found themselves bound together by circumstance.

Their relationship, already strained by Amycus's erratic behavior and Alecto's determined nature, became a battleground of emotions.

They argued bitterly, their voices echoing through the cottage that had once been a sanctuary, now tinged with grief and strife.

Yet, amidst their mutual dislike, a reluctant bond of sibling loyalty persisted. They clung to each other out of necessity, finding grim solidarity in their shared loss and the turmoil that surrounded them.

As they faced each day together, burdened by their demons, Alecto and Amycus sought refuge in their defiance against a world that had dealt them so much pain.

Their animosity became a shield, protecting them from further heartbreak and betrayal.

Even though Alecto knew of what Walburga would have wanted; her anger would not let her. She gave into the rage.

When Alecto couldn't go, it was Narcissa who made the journey, often taking little Draco with her.

Lucius initially accompanied them, but over time, he ceased joining them, though he always made sure cream-colored roses were adorning Walburga's gravestone. He knew they were once her favorite.

Even as time passed and Barty Crouch Jr. broke free from his father's Imperius Curse, he was driven by madness to visit Walburga's grave.

Against her will, he forced Winky to take him there, his mind scrambled but convinced that she held some importance.

The visit left him in tears, though he couldn't explain why.

In his troubled dreams, he saw a boy with blue eyes and curly black hair—a haunting reminder of someone lost. Yet, there was also a woman with a stiff but warm smile, her presence lingering in his fractured memories.

There was one person who never went.

Cygnus Black.

When Kreacher delivered the news of her death, Cygnus was overwhelmed with disbelief and sorrow. He found himself grappling with the realization that he was the one Kreacher had chosen to inform.

Upon returning to Grimmauld Place, Cygnus took charge, ensuring that arrangements were made for her body to be respectfully handled.

No one else ever cared to visit Walburga Black's grave.

The years passed in solitude, the cemetery quiet except for the occasional whisper of wind through the trees. But there she lay in peace, finally reunited with her boy.

In death, as in life, Walburga Black remained a figure of mystery and controversy, her presence a lasting imprint on the tapestry of the wizarding world's history.

Her life was a tragedy, it was never meant to be happy, never meant to end peacefully.

But her afterlife?

It was filled with the joy and fulfillment she had always hoped for.

In her cottage, she found Alphard waiting for her with a warm smile, while Abraxas held out a glass of wine. Orion and Eleanor stood nearby, their faces beaming with happiness.

As soon as she arrived, Regulus practically tackled her into a hug, overwhelming her with love and affection.

"I love you," were the first words she said to him as she clung to him, finally expressing what she could never say to him in life.

Her tragedy had finally ended.

★☆★