𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐★

(𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤)

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲, 𝟖𝐭𝐡 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟏 - 𝐌𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫.

"Hurry it up, you fool," a young twelve-year-old Walburga scolded Alphard, urging him forward on the rain-soaked sidewalk.

They had about three hours before their parents would return home from the Alliance meeting. It had taken a lot of planning, but Walburga managed to get hold of a Muggle newspaper, and the idea of seeing a film sounded otherworldly to her.

Alphard adjusted his collar nervously, glancing around the Muggle neighborhood with a mix of fascination and anxiety. "Are you sure about this, Wal? We could get in real trouble."

Ignoring his concerns she ushered him towards the theater. They approached the Muggle theater, its neon lights and bustling crowd creating an atmosphere unlike anything they were accustomed to in the wizarding world. 

They could hear muggles speak of a growing war with Germany, but she didn't think twice about it.

The siblings stood in line to purchase tickets, Walburga holding the Muggle money she had asked Dot to exchange for her on behalf of her father.

As they entered the theater, the scent of buttered popcorn and the murmur of excited chatter enveloped them. Walburga's eyes widened with wonder as they navigated the dimly lit aisles, finally choosing seats near the back.

The lights dimmed, and the screen flickered to life, revealing a world of moving images. The concept of cinema was entirely new to them, and they were captivated by the unfolding story on the screen.

As the movie played, Alphard leaned in and whispered, "This is incredible. How do they make pictures move like that?"

Walburga, still wide-eyed, whispered back, "I read about it. They use something called 'film' and project light through it. It's fascinating."

The film continued, and Alphard found himself laughing at the comedic scenes, while Walburga's gaze was fixed on the drama unfolding on the screen.

Once the movie concluded, they exited the theater, blinking against the sudden brightness outside. Alphard turned to Walburga, a grin on his face. "That was... different. But I liked it."

She smiled at him a genuine smile, as it began to rain more heavily both siblings made a run for it to the long track home.

As the rain intensified, they sprinted through the wet streets, laughing and breathless. Walburga's usually pristine hair clung to her face, and Alphard's neat attire was now soaked. Yet, they found joy in the spontaneity of their adventure.

Once they made it home, Walburga went inside first making sure that the coast was clear and that their parents hadn't returned from the meeting yet.

Satisfied that the house was still empty, Walburga signaled Alphard to join her inside. They entered quietly, their wet shoes squeaking on the polished floor. She directed Alphard to their rooms, ensuring they left no traces of their unauthorized excursion.

The siblings moved swiftly through the familiar halls of their home, avoiding any signs of the watchful eyes that usually monitored their every move. 

Dot, the diligent house-elf was occupied with tending to baby Cygnus and was oblivious to the clandestine adventure the Black siblings had just experienced.

In their own rooms, Walburga and Alphard changed into dry clothes. The rain outside had subsided, leaving a calm and refreshed atmosphere.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting warm hues across the sky, the Black siblings found solace in each other's company. Until their mother and father returned that night.