★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟑★

(𝟏 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 )

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟖 - 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐬.

"I had forgotten how enchanting the garden maze was," she spoke softly, her hand outstretched to brush the large hedge adorned with blooming roses. As her fingertips traced the delicate petals, a gentle breeze carried the sweet scent of the flowers, wrapping around them like a comforting embrace.

The Malfoy garden glistened with magical radiance as they walked beside each other. The vibrant colors of the flowers seemed to shimmer in the sunlight, casting dancing reflections on the pristine pathways. Above them, the branches of ancient trees swayed in harmony with the gentle breeze, casting dappled shadows on the ground below.

As she walked, she could feel his eyes on her though she focused on the maze. Despite his usual air of elegance, Abraxas's demeanor softened in her presence, shedding the walls of pureblooded haughtiness.

He huffed in amusement as his eyes marveled at her; she hadn't been wearing black. It was odd to see Walburga Black in color, the pastels of her dress seeming to contrast her long raven curls. She was still as beautiful as she always had been to him. 

He moved to grab a cream-colored rose and handed it to her before speaking, "Your favorite," he muttered softly, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips.

She stopped walking as she grabbed it, its simple color always called to her from the yellow-orange center to the almost whiteness of the outer petals, it was pure. She smiled as she brought it up to her nose to smell it.

"You stopped sending them," she spoke up again as she looked at him, before walking again. "Why?"

As they walked, he glanced up at the trees before returning his gaze to her. "I got tired of waiting," he confessed, his voice tinged with a hint of regret, "waiting for someone who wasn't mine."

Her steps faltered momentarily as his words sank in, a pang of realization washing over her. With a heavy sigh, she turned to him, her eyes full of understanding.

"Well," Without another word, she reached out to gently grasp his hand in hers. "They meant everything to me."

He smiled softly at her touch, his eyes reflecting a mix of emotions before he shook his head slightly. "Well, I suppose I'll have to make up for lost time then," he said, injecting a hint of levity into his words to hide the depth of his emotions.

Laughing slightly, she gave him a playful shove before they continued to walk through the maze. The atmosphere was quiet, with only the sound of the wind rustling through the leaves breaking the silence.

For Walburga, being there with Abraxas felt like a rare moment of respite. They hadn't seen each other in person often, usually only meeting at the pureblood balls. Despite her busy schedule, they had maintained their connection through letters exchanged since Lucius received the Dark Mark and married Narcissa.