𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎★

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟔 - 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐲'𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

As minutes stretched into what felt like an eternity, the room's quiet ambiance, combined with the warmth of Orion's bed, gradually lulled Walburga into a state of drowsiness. Unintentionally, she fell asleep.

An hour later, the door creaked open, and Orion Black stepped into the dormitory, his hair was nearly completely dry at that point.

His eyes fell on Walburga sprawled out on his bed. He froze for a moment, a mixture of surprise and confusion crossing his features. The sight of her in such an unexpected place seemed to catch him off guard.

Orion's eyebrows furrowed as he took in the scene. "What in Merlin's name are you doing on my bed, Walburga?" he asked, a note of irritation in his voice. His loudness woke her from her sleep.

His eyes shifted to the folded notes tucked beneath the book on his bedside table, and a flicker of realization passed through his gaze.

Walburga sat up, her expression revealing little, but there was a glint of defiance in her eyes. "Just waiting for you, Orion," she replied, her tone laced with a subtle challenge.

Orion sighed, his frustration evident. "Waiting for me? What's the meaning of this?" He gestured toward the notes on the table, and his gaze hardened.

Before Walburga could respond, the door swung open again, and Evan Rosier entered, a smirk playing on his lips as he observed the unfolding drama.

Evan Rosier leaned against the doorframe, his smirk widening. "Well, well, what have we here? Black, you've got some explaining to do," he taunted, thoroughly enjoying the drama he stumbled upon.

Pretending he hadn't known she was waiting for Orion.

Orion shot Evan a glare before turning his attention back to Walburga. "Explain, Walburga. What are you doing in my dormitory?"

Walburga lifted her chin defiantly. "Do not speak to me as if we are not equals here." She glared at Rosier before continuing "I would like to have this conversation in private Rosier."

Evan raised an amused eyebrow but eventually nodded. "Suit yourself. I'll be right outside if you need a mediator or a witness."

With Evan gone, the dormitory became an arena for the unspoken tensions between Orion and Walburga.

Orion gestured for her to take a seat back on his bed.

Orion paced, his eyes fixed on the floor as if trying to find the right words. Finally, he spoke, "This isn't about us being equals, Walburga. It's about me trying to navigate through a mess that I never asked for."

She frowned, still not satisfied with the explanation. "And Eleanor Nott? Is she part of this mess too?"

Orion's jaw clenched. "It's not what you think. Eleanor is a good friend."