★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟖★

(𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 - 𝟐𝟐 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐨)

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞, 𝟔𝐭𝐡 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟐 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐜

"This game is not as fun as I thought it would be," Alphard whined as Walburga beat him in wizards chess, they had been playing for hours in the Attic.

The dim candlelight in the attic cast long shadows across the worn wooden floor as he sighed in frustration. The air was thick with the scent of old books and memories.

Walburga sat across from him, a triumphant smirk on her face as she made her move on the wizard's chessboard.

"You need to strategize better, brother," she taunted, her fingers gracefully moving the enchanted chess pieces. "It's not just about the strength of your pieces; it's about anticipating your opponent's moves."

Alphard ran a hand through his dark hair, his expression a mixture of annoyance and resignation. "I thought this would be a fun way to pass the time, not a lecture."

Walburga chuckled, her eyes glinting mischievously. "Well, life is full of surprises. Perhaps you'll learn something useful."

She leaned over the board and flicked him on the forehead before turning her attention to four-year-old Cygnus, who had been making faces at one of the moving portraits.

As Walburga turned her attention to Cygnus, Alphard rubbed his forehead, a playful scowl etched on his face. "You're taking this way too seriously, Walburga. It's just a game."

Cygnus giggled at the interaction between his older siblings, his innocent laughter echoing in the attic. Walburga shot Alphard a sly grin before focusing on the curious little boy.

"Ah, Cygnus, my young apprentice," she teased, ruffling his messy dark hair. "Have you been paying attention to our epic battle?"

The four-year-old nodded eagerly, his wide eyes filled with fascination.

Walburga chuckled, exchanging a knowing glance with Alphard. "Maybe someday, little Cygnus, you'll challenge your dear brother Alphard to a match."

Alphard leaned back, observing the scene with a fond smile.

They had as promised made a sanctuary of the attic, finding time to come up whenever their mother had left the manor.

The air in the attic carried whispers of shared laughter, whispered secrets, and the occasional clatter of wizard's chess pieces. It became a place where time seemed to stand still, allowing the siblings to simply be kids and not heirs or purebloods.

☆ ★ ☆