𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟎☆

(𝟒 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)
𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞, 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟏 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

(𝟒 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞, 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟏 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

As the months faded, Walburga only grew more and more sorrowful.

Her stomach only grew bigger as she entered her eighth month of pregnancy. Seeking solace, she often played the piano, hoping the music would bring comfort to both her and the unborn child.

She spoke to the child growing inside - sometimes she would recite the old Shakespearean sonnets she once loved.

She had done the same to Sirius when she was pregnant with him - though her first son would seemingly kick her when she recited the words.

As she recited the poetic words, the familiar kicks that had brought reassurance during her first pregnancy ceased. It was as if the unborn child, unlike its sibling, responded to the verses with stillness.

A quiet unease settled within Walburga as she grappled with the shift in the child's reactions.

Her words, filled with both love and the weight of the family legacy, sought to forge a connection with the unborn child.

In those whispered moments, she found solace in the timeless beauty of the verses, hoping that, somehow, the cadence of Shakespeare's words would weave a protective cloak around the child growing within her.

A nagging concern gnawed at her: had her unborn child absorbed the weight of her sorrow?

Walburga grappled with the unsettling thought that, in seeking solace through tradition, she might have unwittingly passed on a legacy of sorrow to the child growing within her.

Standing from the piano bench, she cast a gaze toward the crib where Sirius lay sleeping. Her boy was her companion, though she found him favoring his father's arms instead of her own at times.

She approached the crib with a tender touch, watching Sirius sleep. Placing a soft kiss on his forehead she moved to the large windows, placing her hands on her stomach.

It was pouring rain, almost as if the sky knew she was sad.

Tonight was the culmination of the plan she and her aunt had devised. In the midst of the pouring rain, Kreacher, the loyal house-elf, embarked on the mission to deliver the perfected 'Angel's Trumpet Draught.'

As she waited for Kreacher to arrive she began to think of Orion, he left hours ago claiming he wouldn't return until tomorrow morning. Since their confrontation he hadn't hidden his affair from her, he would simply return to see Sirius and have one meal.

If she was lucky he would stay for a few days, though most of the time he would return to the Leaky Cauldron.

As she stood in the room, the sound of rain outside creating a somber backdrop,
She grappled with the reality of her marriage.