☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝟗☆

(𝟑 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟗 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

She didn't eat, sleep, or move from her spot on the couch for three days other than to torture Kreacher for information.

For three days, Regulus hadn't come home, three nights ago the house elf arrived but didn't speak of his master. No matter how many times she beat him, kicked him, cursed him, or hexed him the house elf did not speak of what had happened.

It had been three days since Orion had left claiming that he had been working on their escape plan.

Her eyes were frozen on the fireplace before her, her eyes wide as she flinched at the sound of anything in the house.

It was silent with the exception of Kreacher's yelps as she hurt him.

Her stillness was that of a person teetering on the edge of madness, trapped in the suffocating grip of uncertainty and fear. With every passing moment, the weight of dread pressed down upon her, threatening to crush her spirit.

It was as though moving might somehow make her darkest fears materialize, confirming the worst possible outcome she dared not even voice.

In the silence of Grimmauld Place, with only the echoes of her own despair for company.

As the sound of apparition pierced the heavy silence, Walburga's heart leaped with a mixture of hope and trepidation.

Hastily rising to her feet, she turned to face the source of the sound, her eyes locking onto the figures that materialized before her.

Four boys stood before her dressed in their dark uniforms, as she looked at them, the sliver of hope she had vanished. They were missing her raven-haired boy.

Her world caved in, and time seemed to slow down.

She saw tears streaming down Lucius Malfoy's face, Mulciber's face was flushed with rage, his expression twisted with barely contained fury. Barty Crouch Jr.'s eyes were wide, shock etched deeply into his features.

But it was Severus Snape who held her gaze, his face a mask of cold detachment.

"Regulus Black is dead," he said, his voice steady but void of emotion. "As of this moment, we do not know whether it was the Order or another Death Eater who killed him."

The room spun as his words pierced her heart.

The silence that followed was deafening, as if the world itself had paused to mourn. Her heart pounded in her chest, a cacophony of pain and disbelief.

She blinked for a moment, she took a step back feeling the floor move beneath her.

Instinctively, her hands moved to her stomach, cradling her womb as if to protect the memory of her son. Her heart pounded in her chest, a cacophony of pain and disbelief.