★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟏★

(𝟏 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟓 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

"You look absolutely splendid," Walburga remarked, her eyes shining with pride as she admired Regulus in his custom-made attire, a birthday gift she had carefully selected for him. "It suits you perfectly."

Regulus smiled gratefully, a hint of embarrassment coloring his cheeks. "Thank you, Mother."

They stood in the main room, waiting for the guest to arrive. She had planned a small dinner to celebrate his birthday. Truthfully, she did it every year to the annoyance of Sirius who was never home for his birthday to be celebrated.

She smiled once more, leaving him to see if Orion was prepared. Entering his study, Walburga found him sitting at his desk, a pile of papers scattered in front of him.

"What are you doing?" As she walked closer she read Alphard's name, she knew Orion was trending to her brother's estates.

"I'm just finalizing some matters regarding Alphard's estate," Orion explained, his expression stoic. "There are still a few loose ends to tie up, but I'm making progress."

Moving closer, her eyes widened before grabbing the paperwork, "I should be the one to straighten out what he left behind."

Orion's expression shifted to annoyance as he watched her take the paperwork. "Walburga, I understand your attachment to Alphard, but you need to focus on your responsibilities," he asserted firmly. "Let me handle this. I've got it under control."

Walburga's eyes flashed with anger as she held the paperwork tightly in her grip. "I will not stand idly by while you dictate what I can and cannot handle," she retorted, her voice tinged with frustration.

"Alphard was my brother, and his affairs are my concern. I'll handle them myself."

Orion's brows furrowed in irritation as he responded sharply, "This is not your decision to make, Walburga. Alphard's estate is a family matter, and as the head of this family, I will oversee it." His tone carried a hint of authority, challenging her assertion.

Walburga's nostrils flared as she met Orion's gaze with defiance. "I am well aware of my place in this family, Orion," she retorted, her voice steely.

A sudden cough interrupted the tension between Walburga and Orion, drawing their attention to the doorway of the study. Walburga's eyes widened imperceptibly before she swiftly composed herself. "What is it, Sirius?" she inquired, her tone neutral but her gaze still fixed on Orion, challenging him to respond.

Sirius's mischievous smile widened as he glanced between his parents, fully aware of the tension between them. "Why don't I straighten out Uncle Alphard's estates?" he suggested, his voice tinged with playful mockery, clearly deriving amusement from the situation.