★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟎★

(𝟒 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟖 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧.

"Alphard, can you at least try to behave like an adult?" The scolding tone hinted at a disapproval of his seemingly carefree behavior. Walburga's stern voice cut through the air, her gaze unwavering as she addressed Alphard.

Ignoring her, Alphard lounged in a chair, sipping gilly water, and using his wand to charm himself with cool air. "It's too bloody hot to care about being childish," he dismissed.

Rolling her eyes, Walburga stood nearby, shifting her gaze to observe Orion assisting Sirius onto a broom

Rolling her eyes, Walburga stood nearby, shifting her gaze to observe Orion assisting Sirius onto a broom. Despite her disapproval of Alphard's behavior, her attention was divided.

"He is bound to take a tumble or two, Wal," Alphard remarked, making her move her stern gaze from Sirius zooming away from Orion to him.

Regulus sat under the soft shade of a parasol, his curly raven hair covering his sky-blue eyes as he observed his father and brother on brooms. The seven-year-old boy picked at the grass hiding the healing scraps from his fall off of the broom earlier that day.

She sat back down under the shade, looking down at her youngest son before answering, "If I can prevent them from any form of pain, I will do so."

Her protective nature shone through every aspect of her life, bordering on the relationship between a warden and a prisoner. Despite this intensity, her sons were safe, and that alone made her protectiveness worthwhile.

Alphard, still lounging in his chair, added with a smirk, "Wal, you can't keep them as they are forever. They are bound to fall short of the expectations you've set." His casual defiance continued to clash with Walburga's firm resolve.

Walburga lifted her gaze, meeting Alphard's with a stern expression. "I set high expectations because I believe in their potential. It's my duty as a mother to guide them toward greatness, even if it means facing challenges. I won't apologize for that."

He simply chuckled, a hint of amusement in his eyes.

Taken aback she furrowed her eyebrows at her brother; the boy on the grass looked up moving the curls from his eyes confused at the laughter.

Regulus, curious about the sudden exchange, spoke up, "What's so funny?"

Alphard, still grinning, looked down at his nephew before he replied, "Nothing, it's just your dear mother thinks she's raising future wizards of the century. I am giving her a reality check, Reg."

Regulus tilted his head, looking at his mother's amusing glare towards his uncle. "Don't be discouraged when I accomplish just that. I will remember your lack of faith, Uncle Alphard."

The boy's deadpan delivery was met with shocked silence from both Walburga and Alphard. Alphard simply sat back in shocked silence not knowing how to reply to the boy.