☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐𝟐☆

( 𝟑 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟏 - 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

The heat was always cumbersome inside the walls of Grimmauld Place.

And yet, as they ate a late breakfast it went unsaid how safe they felt between the walls that were always described as suffocating.

Amycus barely touched his food, looking exhausted. His hair was unkempt, and dark circles underlined his tired eyes.

Alecto, however, dug into the strawberries and waffles with gusto, clearly famished from her recent mission. 

Despite looking as tired as her brother, an infectious energy about her lifted the mood in the room.

Even with healing bruises on her face and a bandaged hand, she chatted animatedly with Walburga. Despite her fatigue, she had dressed in the dress gifted by Walburga, styling her hair just like hers used to be.

No one acknowledged how Barty Crouch Jr. stopped coming. No one spoke of his absence, but it was surely felt.

Alecto and Amycus would still see him given they were all death eaters, but what was once an odd family-like relationship turned into cold glares.

Walburga, however, was haunted by their final conversation. The truths exchanged lingered, irreversible and haunting. She realized she had never thanked him for what he had done for her.

"Perhaps we should go outside?" Alecto's voice snapped Walburga out of her thoughts.

Looking at her, she saw the young woman wiping her mouth staring at her with a small smile.

Amycus, lost in his regret remained quiet.

"I..." Walburga was momentarily lost for words, having not left her home in over a year.

"It will do you some good. We could take a walk down Diagon Alley? Or perhaps..." Alecto suggested gently.

"We will go to the Black Family cemetery," Walburga's voice cut her off abruptly before Alecto could finish speaking.

Alecto stared at her in shock. It was the first time Walburga had agreed to leave the home. Even Amycus lost in his thoughts, stared at her wide-eyed.

Smiling, Alecto stood up so abruptly that her chair nearly toppled over

Smiling, Alecto stood up so abruptly that her chair nearly toppled over. "It's settled! We'll leave right after breakfast. Amycus, will you be joining us?" she questioned her brother.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Amycus tilted his head as he watched his sister turn into a child right before his eyes.

His regret grew as he witnessed it.

"I think I will rest. I have to leave early tonight," he remarked, his voice hinting of weariness.

"Alecto, you can finish eating, I'm not going anywhere," Walburga spoke with a small smile on her face. Alecto nodded, quickly fixing her hair before sitting back down to finish her meal.