𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏★

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟔 - 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬.

Over the following months, Walburga kept to herself, spending most of her time with Alphard or simply wandering the endless halls of Hogwarts

She never made the effort to talk to Orion since their last encounter. He was more distant than ever; she had heard from Alphard that he had been at the center of all the late-night duels that had taken place.

It was odd, not having Orion buzz around her as he had all of their years at Hogwarts. Though a part of her was fine with the silence that would usually be taken up by Orion's endless talk of quidditch.

Nonetheless, she did enjoy spending time with her brother as they walked the endless halls one night.

Alphard, perceptive as always, noticed the weight on his sister's shoulders. He refrained from prying into the details of her encounter with Orion, recognizing the delicate nature of the situation.

In an attempt to lighten the mood, he gently elbowed Walburga. "Why don't we shake things up tonight?" he suggested a mischievous glint in his eyes.

With a teasing grin, he continued, "How about sneaking into the Gryffindor common room, or venturing into the Forbidden Forest?"

Walburga's lips curved into a small smile at her brother's antics. "No to both," she responded, continuing their walk towards the library. Alphard huffed and jogged up to her, blocking her path.

"We always go to the library, always," he exaggerated with a playful tone. "Come on, let's at least go to the Astronomy Tower. It's a clear night."

Rolling her eyes, she couldn't find a reason to say no, flicking his forehead she turned around. "Are you coming or not?"

Alphard rubbed his forehead where she flicked him, feigning injury. "I'm coming. Lead the way, dear sister." He followed her as they made their way to the Astronomy Tower, ready for a change of scenery from their usual library haunt.

☆ ★ ☆

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟔 - 𝐀𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐲 𝐓𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

"Do you even know the constellations?" She asked as her brother pointed out random stars in the sky.

Alphard chuckled, "Of course, I'm a wizard, aren't I? See, there's the, um, the... twinkly one. Oh, and there's the pointy group over there. You know, the classic constellations."

Walburga rolled her eyes, suppressing a laugh. "You're ridiculous," she leaned against the railing and took a good look at the sky.

Pointing her finger out towards the stars she spoke "That one there is Aquila, its shape resembles an eagle."

Alphard grinned. "Ah, yes, the eagle, of course! How could I have missed that?" He then nudged her playfully.

She continued to point out various constellations that they could see from the tower.

Finally, she pointed to a bright star. "That one there is part of Canis Major, the constellation. It's the brightest star in the sky, Sirius."

Alphard chuckled, "Well, I must admit, your knowledge of stars is far beyond my humble understanding. Though they are beautiful aren't they?"

Keeping her gaze on one singular star in the sky she nodded.

"Mother always thought that the star names in our family were ridiculous you know?" She spoke and looked back down towards him.

"Mother thought a lot of things were ridiculous didn't she?" he replied to her quietly.

"Do you miss her?"

Neither sibling spoke of their mother since her passing. They didn't know how to talk about the woman who birthed them but, hurt them in more ways than one.

Alphard sighed, his gaze fixed on the horizon. "Miss her? It's complicated. She was our mother, after all, but... well, you know how it was."

Walburga nodded, understanding the unspoken pain that lingered between them.

She smiled at a memory "Do you recall, the time you and I snuck out to see a muggle film" She shook her head at her memory "I don't understand how she found out, but she never once harmed you. I remember that night and I remember the spells she cast all too well."

Alphard's eyes turned distant, recalling the memory. "She was a cold woman, but I like to imagine she loved us in her way."

Looking away she replied, "But.. I do miss her sometimes to answer the question. I miss the coldness of her hatred and I miss her glares. That can't possibly be right, but it's true. I do miss her. Perhaps more than I would like to admit."

"Maybe. Love, in the Black family, always comes with strings attached."

She looked at her brother, a hint of sadness in her eyes. "But, never between you and me, right?"

Alphard placed a comforting hand on Walburga's shoulder. "Never between us, Wal. We're siblings, you will always be my sister. You and me, and Cygnus."

Alphard continued, "We might not have had the warmest family, but we have each other. And that counts for something, right?"

Walburga managed a small smile. "Perhaps."

Alphard grinned, breaking the sentimental moment. "Okay, that's... that was a lot. Let's change the mood. How about we sneak into the kitchen for some late-night snacks? House elves are always cooking up something delicious."

Walburga chuckled, appreciating her brother's attempt to lighten the atmosphere. "Fine, but if we get caught, I'm blaming you for once."

With that, the Black siblings descended from the Astronomy Tower, leaving behind the starlit sky and embracing the bond that made them stronger together.

☆ ★ ☆