☆𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐𝟒☆

( 𝟐 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟏 - 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

"It is bloody freezing out there!" Alecto spoke as she entered the kitchen that morning.

Walburga looked at her oddly, observing her dressed in Death Eater robes and holding her mask in hand. It was clear she hadn't slept throughout the night, and Walburga hesitated to ask her what she had been up to.

The realization that the girl she had grown close to would commit such heinous acts didn't entirely surprise Walburga. She was accustomed to such realities, albeit reluctantly so.

"Are you hungry?" were the first words that left her mouth as Alecto washed her hands carefully, mindful not to disturb Kreacher, who was cleaning up.

As she washed her hands, Alecto spoke, "I will freshen up a bit and have a scone, perhaps two." She paused, looking up thoughtfully for a moment.

Turning around to dry her hands. "It's Halloween," she added with a slight smile.

Walburga only nodded before looking to Amycus who sat across from her preparing to leave early after breakfast.

"She loves it," He yawned as he took a sip of his coffee, while Alecto walked behind him and playfully shook his shoulders.

"What's not to love about it?" Alecto spoke, smiling despite being covered in blood that belonged to innocent people.

She had the spirit of a child trapped in the body of a killer, Walburga thought, observing silently.

Smiling, he shook her off gently, amused by her behavior.

"Hogwarts always looked so beautiful on Halloween," she continued, reminiscing about her school days. "Though now, I suppose Hogwarts always looks beautiful, doesn't it?"

She had a look in her eyes, one that conveyed her longing to return to Hogwarts, if only to witness its grandeur once more.

"Yes, yes, we know how much you miss it, but please, I must insist you go take a bath. You smell like death," Amycus quipped, playfully shooing her away.

Alecto chuckled, rolling her eyes. "Alright, alright, I'll go. No need to be so dramatic about it," she replied with a smirk, heading off to freshen up.

As she left, Walburga smiled softly before setting her teacup down. "Might I ask why she loves the holiday so much?" she inquired curiously.

Amycus shrugged nonchalantly. "She's always had a thing for the theatrics of it all, I suppose. Plus, Halloween at Hogwarts was like a grand spectacle every year. Hard not to get swept up in the magic of it," he replied with a reminiscent smile.

"She is magic," Amycus began, a nostalgic smile playing on his lips. "When we were kids, she dreamed of becoming a fairy. Of course, when she found out they were vain little beasts, it broke her heart. She even tried to transfigure herself some wings during her first year at Hogwarts, if you can believe it."

He chuckled warmly, lost in fond memories of his sister.

"And now she follows the Dark Lord's command, killing, torturing innocents," Walburga spoke, her words punctuating the bubble of nostalgia with a stark reality check.

Amycus looked at her with a gleam of hurt in his eyes.

"We do what we must in war. Whether we like it or not, we learn to like it," he replied solemnly, his voice tinged with resignation.

She only nodded in turn, taking a sip of her tea while Kreacher continued to meticulously clean the kitchen around them. The faint crackling of the fireplace added warmth to the room, contrasting with the somber conversation that had passed.