𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎★

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟑𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟓 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

Weeks had passed since the news of the first Acolyte attack. The Carrow family, not wanting a traditional funeral or ceremony for Ares, had chosen to place his body in a mausoleum.

The trio of loyalists continued their attacks, targeting more and more families and inflicting losses that spoke volumes to the Ministry.

Most recently, the Notts had fallen victim to an attack, losing a member of their household.

The Blacks, living in fear for the first time, were uncertain whether the trio of loyalists knew of their betrayal. Despite the Ministry's offer of increased protection, the ongoing attacks in the wizarding community did little to alleviate the family's fear.

The atmosphere was thick with tension, and the looming threat of retribution cast a shadow over their every move.

Walburga found herself unable to sleep, and every sound in their home made her flinch. Her worries extended to Orion and the rest of the family.

The only respite she had was in knowing they would be going to Hogwarts soon.

Unable to stay in bed she got up and strolled to her brother's room. Knocking quietly she entered his room.

"Alphard" She whispered as she walked over to his bed.

He was drowning in blankets, but meekly answered her. "What?"

Gently sitting on the edge of his bed, she could see the toll that recent events had taken on him. Since the news of losing Ares, he hadn't shown the same smile or sense of humor.

Sighing, she pulled on the blankets that he was using as a shield. "I- can I stay here?"

Truthfully, she wanted to be near him in case one of the Acolytes decided to exact their revenge on the family.

She would rather face danger with him than live with the fear of losing him.

Alphard shifted slightly, creating a small space for her on the bed.

She nestled beside him, the silence between them filled with impatience as they waited for the sun to rise; as they waited to return to Hogwarts.

Though Walburga without knowing it was correct in her assumption, the acolytes had indeed attacked the Blacks that night.

☆ ★ ☆

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟑𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟓 - 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

News had hit this side of the family in a rather different way, they were not afraid to face the Acolytes or the ministry.

Pollux knew his brother was rather stubborn and hot-headed. So why would his child be any different?