𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑☆

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟏 - 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞.

The celebrations had ended deep into the night until both Walburga and Orion had been excused by her father Following tradition, the newlyweds were granted time away after their wedding, a respite from the grandeur and social expectations

Her father had given them the family cottage, which allowed time for her aunt and uncle to leave Grimmauld place.

As they Apparated to their new haven, Orion gently grabbed Walburga's elbow. Just as they smoothly landed in front of the small cottage, she looked around only to find miles and miles of trees.

Leading the way into the cottage, Orion immediately closed the front door and shut all of the blinds before taking out his wand. Walburga barely had time to light a few candles before he did so.

"What are you doing?" she asked as he began to mutter incantations and spells.

"Placing wards," he replied as if it made perfect sense and was a normal thing to do. The seriousness in his expression told her that he considered it necessary.

"I can see that, but why exactly? We are living in a time of peace," she stated as she began to remove her emerald jewelry.

Orion continued to cast the protective spells, his focus unwavering. "I am sure that's what most victims say before they are pounced on. I am ensuring your safety believe it or not it's important to me that you stay alive."

Walburga, in the midst of removing her emerald jewelry, paused to look at Orion.

"I appreciate your concern," she admitted, her tone softer than before. "Though I must say, I didn't think you'd be the overly protective type."

Orion offered a small, reassuring smile. "A husband's duty, my lady."

She shook her head before smiling to herself.

Orion, meticulous in his actions, charmed the small hearth of the fireplace to create a cozy warmth in the cottage. Afterward, he went into the bedroom, ensuring that the house-elves had brought their belongings.

Walburga watched him move about, his figure momentarily silhouetted by the firelight.

Coughing, she called him back into the small lounge.

Orion, still engrossed in his tasks, turned at the sound of her voice. As he returned to the small lounge, she could sense the tension in the air.

"I think we should make the arrangement now," she said, her voice steady, though hints of vulnerability lingered beneath the surface.

"Is that truly something you wish to discuss on our wedding night?"

"If I am to share my husband with another woman I would at least appreciate an understanding of it." She quickly got up from her spot and turned around to point to the corset ties, she had been trying to untie them since they arrived.