★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟐★

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟖 -  𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

"The wine you've chosen is cheap," The smile on her face could be heard as she approached Cygnus. "I thought, I raised you better than that brother."

Cygnus chuckled softly at Walburga's playful jab. "Ah, sister, always the one with the discerning taste," he replied, his smile matching hers.

As she surveyed the scene, Walburga couldn't help but feel a sense of pride in her brother's hosting abilities. The grand hall was adorned with holiday decorations, and a magnificent Christmas tree stood tall in one corner. Purebloods danced and mingled, creating an atmosphere of elegance and sophistication.

Turning to Cygnus with a warm smile, she reassured him, "You're doing great. Hosting is to be expected of us - you mustn't worry yourself blind." Her tone was encouraging, conveying her confidence in his ability to oversee the event.

Cygnus glanced around the hall, his expression tinged with sarcasm. "Well, I suppose I should consider it a great honor to have your approval, sister," he replied dryly, a hint of amusement in his voice.

Despite his jest, there was a subtle warmth in his eyes as he looked at her.

Walburga chuckled softly, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "You should be so lucky," she retorted playfully, enjoying the banter with her brother.

He looked back to the crowd before speaking, "Alphard hasn't arrived yet, has he?"

Sipping on her wine, she looked over to sensing his disappointment, "He arrived when my family I and arrived, has he not come to greet you?"

He sighed softly, shaking his head. "I have to find my wife, I will speak to you later thank you for coming, Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas," she replied, watching him as he made his way through the crowd.

As she observed Cygnus disappearing into the crowd, Walburga couldn't shake the feeling of empathy for him. She understood his longing for recognition from Alphard and the sense of being unliked by his older brother.

As she savored her wine, relishing a moment of peace, her solitude was abruptly interrupted by an annoying voice.

"Aunt Walburga!"

Looking to her side she found a girl with similar features to her own - minus the insanity that sat in her eyes.

"Bellatrix, you've grown," she remarked, acknowledging her niece with a nod.

"Indeed I have," Bellatrix replied, a hint of pride in her voice. "I've been excelling in my studies at Hogwarts. I'm the top of my class."

Walburga raised an eyebrow, masking her skepticism. "Is that so?"