𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖★

(1 Month Later)

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟒𝟔 - 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬.

The news of Draven Nagel's capture had sent ripples through the wizarding world, and the Great Hall at Hogwarts was no exception. The atmosphere was charged with a mixture of curiosity, excitement, and concern.

Students chattered animatedly about the capture, speculating on the circumstances and eagerly sharing any details they had gleaned from the Daily Prophet.

Professors carried on with their lessons, and students diligently attended their classes. Yet, the undercurrent of excitement and uncertainty lingered, affecting the dynamics of daily interactions.

Valentine's Day at Hogwarts had an extra layer of magic in the air, despite the ongoing excitement and uncertainty surrounding Draven Nagel's capture.

The Great Hall had been adorned with heart-shaped decorations, and the aroma of love potions and enchanted flowers wafted through the air.

As students rushed through their morning classes, there was a palpable sense of anticipation for the romantic festivities that awaited them in Hogsmeade.

In the corridors, groups of giggling witches and wizards could be seen, exchanging heart-shaped cards and small tokens of affection.

Walburga as per usual ignored most of them as she made her way to her potions class.

As she entered the potions classroom, the sweet and earthy scent of frankincense enveloped her. The aroma hinted at a brewing potion or perhaps a magical ambiance carefully crafted by the professor to set the tone for the day's lesson.

Inside the classroom, cauldrons bubbled with mysterious concoctions, and the flickering candlelight cast a warm glow across the wooden desks.

Walburga took her seat, her attention fully on the potion ingredients laid out in front of her. Orion sat across from her next to Eleanor Nott; a fellow Slytherin who was known for her striking good looks.

Their eyes met briefly, and Walburga noticed a subtle shake in Orion's hands as he reached for the ingredients. "Are you alright?" she inquired, concern momentarily softening her typically composed expression.

He quickly glanced her way, a fleeting vulnerability in his eyes, but he shrugged off her question. "Just a bit tired," he replied, diverting his attention back to the ingredients, seemingly ignoring the curiosity in Walburga's gaze.

Eleanor, seizing the opportunity, began talking animatedly about the upcoming Hogsmeade trip. "I heard Madam Puddifoot's is enchantingly decorated for Valentine's Day. Perfect for a romantic date, don't you think? Or I suppose we can simply go to the three broomsticks."

Orion nodded absentmindedly, his focus on Eleanor, "Are you joining us in Hogsmeade, Walburga?" he asked, his eyes flicking briefly toward her.

His casual question about joining them in Hogsmeade felt like an afterthought, and she responded with a subtle edge to her tone, "No, I am going alone."

She was well aware of Orion's popularity among the girls in their grade. Rumors of his escapades with them had circulated, but Walburga had never given much thought to such gossip.

Their familial connection had shielded her from any personal interest in his romantic pursuits.

Professor Slughorn spoke before anyone could speak up again, "Alright, given the holiday can anyone guess what potion we will brew today?"

The professor's question hung in the air, breaking the subtle silence that had settled among the students. Walburga, now fully engaged in the class, discreetly raised her hand. The potion-making expertise she had honed over the years at Hogwarts positioned her as a confident participant.