★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟑★

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟑𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟑  - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

She awoke suddenly, for a moment unaware of where she was until she looked at her surroundings. She was on the couch, the room was dark with the exception of the fireplace turned on.

Sitting up, she glanced around the room, expecting to see Alphard nearby, but found him gone. Startled, she flinched as a hand placed a cup of tea in hers.

Looking up, she found Orion standing behind the couch, his expression concerned. She accepted the cup silently, grateful for his presence and the warmth of the tea. "Drink it, you'll feel better."

Orion settled across from her, perching himself on the coffee table, his gaze fixed on her with a mixture of worry and curiosity.

His voice was gentle, carrying a weight of concern as he spoke. "When I arrived back from the meeting, I found Alphard holding you on the floor, passed out. He... he told me what happened."

Taking one more sip, she rubbed her cheek with her hand before looking at him.

"You should have told me Walburga," He looked at her with pity. A look he knew she hated seeing the faces of people.

"How could I have told you when I didn't know it myself?" Her words carried a hint of frustration and confusion.

He looked at her trying to see if she was telling the truth before standing up. "Do you truly believe what he said the truth?"

"Why would he lie about it." She was exhausted, too exhausted to try recalling the memories.

"To absolve himself of guilt, perhaps," he mused, his voice tinged with frustration. "To shift the blame onto another, to avoid facing the truth of his complicity in your suffering."

Looking down at her wrists, she moved the thick pieces of cloth she had wrapped around them, the scars were still there. She wondered if the idea of her mother chaining her to the basement was her idea or her mother's.

She shook her head not knowing, she shook her head feeling her eyes blur with tears as parts of her memory began to clear.

As he saw her gaze linger on the scars, Orion gently reached out, cupping her face in his hands. "It doesn't matter what you did to survive her," he murmured, his voice filled with sincerity.

"You could have constructed a thousand false memories, and it wouldn't change a thing. What matters is that you're here now." His eyes held hers with a reassuring warmth, offering her solace in his words.

She looked at him before, as tears fell down her face.

"Okay," She sniffled slightly - before removing her hands from her face, wiping her cheeks a bit more harshly than she intended to.