★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟖★

(𝟒 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟓 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

Moving a piece of hair from her forehead she surveyed her handiwork with a critical eye. With a flick of her wand, she hung the portrait on an empty wall in the entrance hall. Turning to find the loyal house elf by her side she spoke.

"What do you think, Kreacher? It is incredibly lifelike, is it not?" she asks, her tone a mix of pride and anticipation. She had devoted the entire morning to its creation, pouring care and attention into every detail. Yet, she hadn't enchanted it to be sentient, leaving that final touch for later.

"Yes Mistress, very lifelike," The house elf moved its head slightly, feeling the eyes of the portrait seemingly come to life even if it wasn't enchanted.

Smiling she nodded, before taking a step back.

"It's frightening."

Exhaling audibly, she rolled her eyes before turning around to face the Carrow boy, who was leaning casually in the hallway doorway, casually eating an apple.

Moving past him into the main room, she spoke, "Remind me why you're still here?"

The twenty-year-old nuisance only laughed before tossing the half-eaten apple at the house elf.

"Simple," he remarked casually, "The Dark Lord wanted me to check on his favorite family, and since I already paid a visit to the Malfoys, I figured I'd swing by here just for old time's sake."

Glaring at him, she looked over at the grandfather clock

Glaring at him, she looked over at the grandfather clock. Truthfully, his days of spying on the family were over when she proved her loyalty to the Dark Lord. Having him show up for the hell of it was simply irksome.

"Haven't you missed me much?" He moved to lie on the sofa as if it were his home.

"Not at all. Now, if you'll leave; my sons will be arriving soon. I'd rather not have them see you." she replied, her tone tinged with exasperation.

He had been there since Orion left for the Platform to pick up the boys.

The Carrow boy smirked, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "Of course. Wouldn't want to tarnish the perfect family image now, would we? You must be mother of the year around here."

She watched as he stood up, she couldn't believe how someone like him was a death eater. Though she did note that he had Ares Carrow's wide eyes, it was unfortunate.

"Leave my home, you fool." She hissed her eyes glaring at him.

The young man's smirk widened, but he complied, "As you wish, Mrs. Black." He disappareted from the home, as quickly as he arrived.

She let out a breath, slightly uncomfortable with the idea that someone as awful as him could be related to that sweet boy she once knew.

☆ ★ ☆