★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟕★

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟒 -𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

The following day, Walburga extended an invitation to Alphard to join her family for breakfast before he departed for Romania. The dining room was adorned with the elegance expected of the Black family, and the morning sunlight streamed through the tall windows, casting a warm glow over the polished furniture.

In her room filled with dark surroundings, Walburga opted for a change. Instead of the usual black attire, she chose a corset adorned with colorful roses.

As she laced up the corset, the vibrant blooms stood out, adding a touch of warmth to her ensemble. She decided to keep her raven-colored hair down for a refreshing change, as she typically wore it up. Looking in her vanity, all she saw was her mother looking back at her.

The resemblance was uncanny, and for a moment, the painful memories of her mother's abuse surfaced, casting a shadow over her morning routine. She took a deep breath, pushing those memories aside, determined to focus on the day ahead.

Slipping on thick bracelets to conceal aging scars on her wrists, she opened the large wooden doors, the halls of Grimmauld Place welcomed the mother of the home.

She had been the one to decorate and care for it, she had been the one to carefully pick out each piece of furniture, each tapestry, and each ornament. Grimmauld Place had been her sanctuary, a space she meticulously curated, reflecting her taste and style.

The corridors echoed with the footsteps of a woman who, despite her burdens, had forged her path within the cold, ancestral walls of the Black family home.

Her heart skipped a beat as she entered the room, only to find the crib empty.

"Kreacher!"

The house-elf appeared with a snap of his bony fingers. "Mistress calls Kreacher. What does Mistress need?"

"Where is Regulus?" Her voice was laced with fear as her eyes widened.

Kreacher bowed his head, "Master Black has taken the young masters to Diagon Alley. Master told Kreacher not to wake you whilst he took them."

Walburga felt a mixture of relief and annoyance. It was still fairly early in the morning 'What time did he wake the boys?' she thought to herself.

She sighed, realizing that her husband had taken the boys without informing her. "Very well, Kreacher. Ensure they are properly cared for upon their return. And next time, inform me before he decides to take them on an excursion."

"Yes Mistress, I must inform you -your company is waiting for you in the library, breakfast is ready as well."

"Thank you, Kreacher," she acknowledged before making her way to the library.