𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒☆

(𝟑 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟗 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

It had been years since her confession to Orion since that night they had agreed to set their differences aside and be there as companions in marriage

Their relationship had transformed, not into a fairy tale romance, but into a partnership forged in the crucible of their shared history. The scars of past conflicts remained, visible in the occasional tension that lingered beneath the surface.

Yet, amid the struggles, there were moments of quiet understanding and shared laughter.

However, woven into the tapestry of their marriage were heart-wrenching chapters that had left Walburga's spirit deeply scarred.

She had suffered three miscarriages, each one a devastating blow that fractured her hopes.

She never spoke of it to anyone but Orion, even then he was beside her as blood seeped through her dresses each time. It hurt her to think that the babies couldn't survive in her womb, she had all but lost hope when she became pregnant with her first child.

"How are you feeling?" Orion was pacing in their room.

Walburga, in the throes of labor, looked up at Orion with a mixture of exhaustion and determination. The room, dimly lit and filled with the tension of impending childbirth, held the echoes of the challenges they had faced together.

"I'm managing," she replied, her voice strained but resolute. Beads of sweat dotted her forehead as she gripped the bedsheets, grappling with the intensity of the contractions.

"What should I do? Do I get someone? What do I do?" his voice was growing as he took out a cigarette.

He pulled out a cigarette, a nervous habit, as he struggled to find a way to assist his wife in her labor.

Walburga, in the midst of her struggle, took a deep breath and tried to steady her voice. "Orion, just stay with me. I can do this, I just need you to stay with me." she managed to say between contractions.

Orion, still clutching the cigarette in his hand, hesitated for a moment, torn between the nervous habit and the urgent need to be present for his wife. He took another deep breath, extinguishing the cigarette without lighting it.

"I'm here," he assured her, the gravity of the situation grounding him.

As Walburga continued to navigate the intense contractions, Orion moved closer, offering a reassuring hand.

"Let me get you a potion or bring a healer, you shouldn't force yourself to feel the pain." He grimaced as she began to yell out.

Walburga, amid the intense contractions, nodded with a strained but grateful expression. "Quickly," Her voice was loud and brash as she began to feel more pain.