★𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟒★

(𝟐 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

(𝟐 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟓 - 𝟏𝟐 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞.

Over the ensuing two months, she became Orion's steadfast companion on his perilous missions. Under his tutelage, she honed her defensive abilities, learning to fend for herself in the face of danger. In return, she eagerly shared her expertise in potion making, her skills becoming invaluable to their cause.

Her dedication to mastering the craft of potion-making proved invaluable, earning her a rare distinction among witches. She became the sole practitioner entrusted by the dark lord himself to concoct potions potent enough for employment in the darkest of arts.

While she understood the position was temporary, the sense of being needed was deeply gratifying. She couldn't deny the validation that came with the dark lord's praise.

She never thought of the life's taken from her potions; rather she merely focused all her energy on becoming a better witch. She was a witch before she was a mother or a wife, a skilled one at that.

Sipping her tea, she set aside her quill, her hands weary from meticulously documenting the instructions and ingredients for her latest potions.

These creations were tailored specifically for the sinister purposes of the Death Eaters. Nearly a whole roll of parchment was now filled to the brim with her meticulous work, a testament to her dedication and skill in the dark arts.

Glancing at the grandfather clock, she anticipated Orion's return with the boys.

While she looked forward to seeing them, she knew she'd have to reinforce their pureblood beliefs. Rising, she smoothed her raven hair, pondering whether Regulus and Sirius had reconciled at Hogwarts.

She thought back to the letters she exchanged with Regulus; the boy in his goal to please her would lie and say they were fine and on speaking terms again. Being his mother she knew something was wrong and wrote to Narcissa knowing the girl wouldn't lie; she told Walburga that Regulus went out of his way to avoid Siris and his idiotic friend group.

"Kreacher!" she called out to the loyal house elf.

Within moments, he appeared, his eyes brimming with unwavering loyalty. "Yes, Mistress?"

"Can you start dinner? I'd prefer to have it earlier tonight, especially with the boys coming."

"Kreacher will see to it, Mistress," he replied before vanishing from her sight, swiftly making his way to the kitchens to fulfill her request.

Sighing softly to herself, it wasn't long before the familiar sound of apparition resonated through the home, signaling the return of the boys and Orion. Turning her head, she entered the main room where the boys stood behind Orion, their luggage in tow.