𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔☆

(𝟒 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫)

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟓𝟏- 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

As summer transitioned into fall, Walburga and Orion found a closeness that went beyond romance; they became companions

As summer transitioned into fall, Walburga and Orion found a closeness that went beyond romance; they became companions. Going as far as sleeping in the same bed, all the while she knew the nights she was alone, he was with Eleanor.

Despite getting to know Orion intimately, flaws and all, Walburga couldn't shake the awareness that Eleanor still held his heart. She understood that Eleanor would be the one he kissed, the one who shared his bed in a way that went beyond their companionship.

She was fine with all of it, she had to be.

"Oi, you are here, Walburga?" The abrupt voice interrupted her thoughts, pulling her back to the present. Abraxas Malfoy stood before her, his tall figure exuding an air of aristocratic confidence.

His snow-colored hair, which fell in light waves just above his shoulders, framed a face marked by a sharp jawline and piercing silver-grey eyes that held a combination of intelligence and ambition.

Surprisingly, since the wedding, she and Abraxas had developed an unlikely friendship.

Despite accepting his alliance with reservations, they engaged in lavish dinners, indulged in excessive drinking, and often concluded their nights with heated arguments.

She had fun with him - at times during their dinners she would find herself smiling so much her cheeks had begun to hurt.

Abraxas Malfoy's study, bathed in a dim, mystical glow, was a sanctuary of magical artifacts and intellectual opulence. The dark green wallpaper seemed to pulse with an enchanting energy, setting the stage for a room that transcended mere aesthetics.

She was used to being in this room, it was commonplace for them.

Despite their personal differences and occasional clashes, Walburga and Abraxas conducted business well within the Wizarding World. They were quite the business pair within the community.

Malfoy's astuteness in strategic investments and wealth management was evident, and her father couldn't hide his excitement when she discussed a business bet related to the Quidditch World Cup.

Now, she had returned to "celebrate" their successful bet as he put it in his letter to her.

She shook her head trying to rid her thoughts of Orion and his mistress.

"I am here," she replied with a forced smile, pushing aside the turmoil that lingered beneath the surface.

He squinted his eyes at her before standing up and heading to his cupboard across the emerald-decorated room.