Dilemma

The next day, everyone was back at school. Cody and Heather walked in and passed Duncan and Gwen, who were making out. "Dammit, I guess Gwen's not our friend anymore after what happened yesterday!" Cody said. "Yeah! I've already removed her from the group chat and maybe I texted her a whole novel on how she's not a good friend..." Heather said with a smirk.
"Heather!" Cody scolded. "But she deserved it after what she did to Courtney and Trent!" "And maybe later today I might fight Duncan, who knows?" Heather said with a grin. "Heather!" Cody said, sounding shocked. "Dad would kill you!" "I'm joking!" Heather said, laughing. Cody laughed too, relieved that Heather wasn't being serious about fighting Duncan. Still, it was concerning that she was even entertaining the idea. "I'm not so sure about you fighting Duncan, Heather," Cody said with a warning tone. "He's bigger and stronger than you." "And?" Heather asked. "Never mind," Cody replied. "Let's just go see what's happening with the gang." Cody and Heather spotted the rest of the group sitting outside. Courtney wasn't there, and they all guessed that she was sick or still heartbroken from Duncan and Gwen. But Trent was there, looking depressed. "And?" Heather asked. "Never mind," Cody replied. "Let's just go see what's happening with the gang." They walked over to the group, excited to catch up with everyone after a crazy weekend. "Hey, Trent, you feeling better?" Heather asked. Trent sighed and looked up from his thoughts. "Not really. Still feeling horrible over Duncan and Gwen..." "Aw, sorry to hear, dude," Cody said, trying to lift Trent's spirits. "But hey, you'll get over it soon, trust me." Trent nodded, but he still looked miserable. "Thanks, guys," he said. "I hope I can get past it soon." 

While they were talking, Owen and Noah came around the corner, causing Cody and the group to turn around to see them. "Hey guys!" Owen said with a grin. "Noah finally came out to his dad!" "Owen! You weren't supposed to tell anyone that!" Noah yelled. But it was too late, the information was already out. Geoff grinned brightly. "Congrats, dude! Is he cool with you being gay?" Noah nodded. "Yeah, he's fine with it just as long as I keep my grades up!" Geoff and Noah continued talking to each other, while Cody thought in his head. "Noah's gay!" he thought. "I thought he only liked girls!" At that moment, as Cody was shocked by the revelation, he thought to himself, "Maybe I still have a chance!" It was clear that Cody was still hoping to win Noah over, even though Noah had just come out to the group as gay. Cody watched Noah and Geoff talking, trying to keep his cool, but his mind was racing with thoughts. He had always liked Noah, and he had previously assumed that Noah was straight. Now that he knew that Noah was gay, Cody thought to himself, "Maybe I still have a chance!" He tried to stay focused on the conversation, but the butterflies in his stomach were making it difficult to pay attention to anything else. He decided it was best to leave them alone for now and went to catch up with Heather.  Cody couldn't stay in the same place as Noah, knowing that he had just discovered his secret crush's true romantic interest. He decided to go catch up with Heather, whose presence always helped to calm his nerves and make him feel at ease. Walking away with Heather, they chatted about the crazy events of the weekend and what they meant for the group. Cody tried to ignore the fact that Noah was with Geoff, and they were most likely talking about the same thing that Cody was thinking about. While everyone was talking, the bell rang for their first class. Noah and Cody found out that they had the same history class, and Cody blushed when Noah ran up to him and said, "Cody, we're in the same class together!" Noah smiled at Cody, but he didn't seem to notice the small flutter in Cody's stomach as he thought about spending a whole class period with his current crush. "Oh! Yeah, that's true," Cody replied. "Hey, that means we'll get to sit together!" Noah smiled and nodded in agreement as he replied, "Yeah, that's true. We'll get to sit together!" Cody tried to keep his cool, but the thought of sitting next to Noah for an entire class period was making him more nervous. He just hoped that he could keep his crush in check while he sat next to Noah. Before they knew it, though, it was time to go to class, and they found their way to the history classroom, where they sat together in the back of the room.  In the middle of class, Noah whispered to Cody, "Hey Cody?" "Yeah?" Cody turned to look at Noah, their faces so close to each other. Noah smiled. "Wanna come over to my place for a sleepover?" Cody's heart froze for a moment as he processed what Noah had just said. "Oh! Uh, sure!" Cody finally replied, stuttering a bit. He felt so flustered that Noah had just invited him to his house that he could barely speak.

At the end of class, Cody and Noah went their separate ways—Cody was going to drama while Noah was going to English class. When Cody entered drama class, he instantly went to Heather. "Heather! Oh my god, Noah asked me if I wanted to stay over at his place!" Cody said with a big smile on his face. Heather rolled her eyes. "I'm happy for you, Cody, but this ain't the time!" she yelled. Cody looked over and saw Justin panicking, looking extremely stressed out. Cody looked over at Justin in surprise. "Omg, Justin, are you okay?" "N-no!" Justin said, his face turning red. "I just kissed Trent!" Cody was horrified. "What?" he asked, not expecting to hear that. "It just happened! I didn't mean to," Justin said, sounding panicked. "I-I don't know what to do, guys!" "Justin, I know you really like Trent, but not that much that you kissed him!" "I... I don't know why I did that!" Justin said frantically. "We were just talking, he felt sad about Gwen, and and I..." He trailed off, panicking. "Hey, hey, hey, calm down, Justin," Cody said, trying to reassure him. "It's okay, man, you don't have to freak out so much." While Cody and Heather were trying to calm Justin down, Kitty came running through the door. "Guys, I heard drama was happening and I came as fast as I could!" she said. Cody and Heather looked up in surprise to see Kitty, who had apparently come as soon as she heard about the drama. "Justin is freaking out," Cody said, looking concerned. "He kissed Trent or something, and now he doesn't know what to do about it." "OMG girl, I'm so proud of you!" Kitty laughed. Justin couldn't help himself from laughing now. "Kitty, I'm supposed to be sad!" "Babe, this is drama class after all!" Heather and Cody were shocked that Justin could go from panicking to laughing in under 2 seconds just because Kitty walked in. Heather smirked at Kitty. "Hey, is that all it takes to make Justin forget about his problems?" she asked. "Yep! Anyways Cody honey, how's you and your boo boo bear?" Kitty joked. Cody giggled. "You could not believe it! I'm having a sleepover at his house! And guess what, he just said he was gay!" Heather's eyes widened in surprise. "You have a chance!" Cody blushed and smiled. "Yeah, I guess I have a chance..." Heather looked excited for her best friend. "So when's your sleepover?" she asked. Cody thought for a second. "On Friday!!" he said. "I can't believe it's finally happening!" He was filled with excitement. "I wonder what we'll do at the sleepover," he said. "Isn't that the day that Geoff's throwing a party?" Heather asked. "Cody! We promised to be there!" Heather laughed. Cody was caught in a dilemma. "Uh, yeah, you're right!" he said. "But what about our sleepover?" he said with a frown. "Geoff's party will last all night... I'm sure he won't mind if we just stay for a few hours right?" "How about you talk to Noah at lunch or something, 'cause we can't miss that party!" Heather said. Cody nodded and agreed. He knew that Geoff's party was a big deal, and he couldn't miss it either. "Yeah, I'll talk to Noah at lunch!" he said. He felt relieved that they didn't have to miss Geoff's party, and he hoped that Noah understood his dilemma.

Cody and Heather headed to the cafeteria for lunch, where they hoped to find Noah.
Once they spotted him, Cody walked up to him, feeling nervous. "Hey, Noah, um... I need to talk to you about something." Noah looked up from his food and nodded. "Yeah, what's up?" "Well, uh, I just wanted to let you know that I can't make it to the sleepover on Friday." Noah looked surprised. "Why's that?" he asked. Kitty walked into the cafeteria and spotted both Cody and Noah. She came over and started talking to them. "How about you guys go to Geoff's party together and Cody could sleep at Noah's house when you're going back home?" It was a great idea for a compromise, and Cody and Noah both smiled. "That sounds like a great idea," Cody said. "We get to go to Geoff's party and I get to sleep at Noah's house when we get back."