◇ 4 ◇

❤️‍🔥

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Back in the safety of my small apartment, I collapsed on the sofa with a groan, pain and fatigue creeping over me. However, with the light of the rising sun spilling through the windows, I knew I wouldn't get much sleep. I also knew I wouldn't be alone for long.

Sure enough, there was a light knock on the door, which was opened only a few seconds after.

"Alexandra," the old lady, Ms Choi, sighed softly, coming over to me with a fabric bag in her hand. "Did it go badly?"

"Kinda," I mumbled, stiffly sitting up as she sat next to me. "I got what I needed but I tripped an alarm and they found out."

"But not who you really are?" she asked, rummaging through her bag.

"No," I shook my head. "I don't think they should recognise me with this disguise."

Speaking of which, I took out the brown contact lenses that covered my bright blue eyes, and removed the short black wig, letting my long, platinum blonde hair fall loose around my shoulders. Ms Choi used wipes to clear the makeup caked on my face.

"Thank you, halmoni," I said softly, bowing slightly from where I sat.

"Don't thank me yet," she smiled gently. "I've still got to tend to your injuries."

No matter how many times I told her there was no need to hassle herself with it, she always stubbornly persisted that she take care of me. Over the past few years I'd become rather attached to the mystical Ms Choi, and I'd like to think it was mutual.

I say mystical because she had this kind of air about her that said there was more to her than meets the eye. The way she tended to her garden full of all kinds of flowers and herbs, how she helped others, and how she looked after me, especially when seeing to any injuries that somehow healed faster than was normal. Witch or sorceress might have been too strong of words, but I felt like she was maybe something along those lines.

The blood on my forearm and thigh were cleaned up, as were the few sores on my feet, which was from running barefoot all the way home. Once the blood had been cleaned up it was clear to see my injuries weren't serious at all and would heal nicely. After the injuries were massaged with healing herbal paste, they were wrapped up in clean bandages, along with instructions on how to take care of them.

"Thank you again," I smiled widely as I stood, bowing.

"It's honestly no problem, my dear," Ms Choi smiled warmly. "But please do take more care of yourself, my old heart can't take the worry."

"I'll try my best," I promised.

After giving me one more warm, healing smile, Ms Choi left my apartment, shutting the door behind her.

Honestly, I was super grateful for the old lady. When I had first arrived in Seoul as a teenager, having left the orphanage I'd grown up in, Ms Choi was one of the first people I had met, and as soon as she had discovered my situation, she all but coerced me into taking the only other apartment in the small building above her own. I'd quickly grown to become fond of her, like a parental figure that I'd never had. However, as I was doing less than honest work and had fallen into the mafia world, I had tried to leave so as to not have Ms Choi In danger, but she did not let me go; she is very stubborn. Instead, she accepted what I did, even if she didn't entirely approve, on the condition that I never brought my work home, i.e. not having her in danger. I'd always kept to my word to protect her.

With a quiet groan, I stood up, stretching out the stiffness in my limbs. I then pulled over a chair to a pillar near the kitchen that was underneath the loft bedroom. Standing on the chair, I reached high above the pillar and placed my hand flat on the wall. Within a second, something beeped, and one side of the pillar opened to show shelves inside it, full of everything that had come from my line of work that I had procured.

This is where I put the USB full of the Skz info I had collected on their computers, and here was where it would stay safe until I could sell it on.

I closed the pillar the same way I had opened it, and returned the chair back to its original position.

Fighting back a yawn, I went upstairs to the loft where my bedroom was. I quickly changed into comfy pjs and almost threw myself on the bed, burying into the duvet and pillows until I was cosy.

Time to forget about everything for a little while and get some sleep. Goodness knows I needed it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A/N

What are your thoughts so far?

Also I realise these first few chapters are short, but eventually they will get longer 😊

❤️‍🔥