◇ 21 ◇

❤️‍🔥

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

By the time we'd gotten back to the mansion, Chan still hadn't done or said anything, which only made me antsy. But, as soon as we were out of the van, he'd grabbed my arm painfully and dragged me with him into the building, not even saying anything to the others. I just remained quiet as I did my best to keep up with him without tripping, my ankle throbbing in the heels.

To my surprise, we ended up in his office; I'd honestly expected to be chucked into one of the cells again. Chan released my arm and slammed the door closed, then stood right in front of me, seething.

"What the actual fuck?" he said angrily. "Are you actually that stupid? Do you want me to kill you?"

"Better than being stuck here with you," I retorted, my own anger surfacing. "Can you blame me for wanting my freedom? I am being kept here against my own will!"

"Would you rather be out there where there's a bunch of people ready to kill you?" he said in disbelief. "Because they won't give you a chance like I did, they won't hesitate. Where would you have even gone? You have nowhere but here now. Out there you're a dead man walking."

"I can take care of myself!" I snapped. "And you don't know me, I'd have places to go!"

Truth be told, I was lying. Chan was right in saying I didn't have anywhere to go, and honestly I hadn't even thought about it when trying to escape. Actually I'd never thought about it at all any of the other times either.

"Oh, you can take care of yourself?" Chan said sarcastically. "Like with those creeps we scared off? If we hadn't shown up, they'd have hurt you! We only found you because of the tracker in your necklace!"

"Tracker?" I said in surprise, my hand going to the necklace... one that I'd been supplied with as part of the outfit. Of course, I shouldn't have even been surprised, no way would they have let me out without a way to keep tabs on me. "Figures."

"Now, you better not try pulling a stunt like this again," he warned, his voice low. "Or you will really suffer the consequences. I will not go easy on you."

"You said that before, yet here we are," I couldn't help but retort. "You still haven't done any-"

Chan cut me off with a growl as he suddenly grabbed me by the neck, though not as painfully as before. I was waiting for him to do something worse, to say something, but instead we just had a stare off, Chan glaring at me, and me watching him warily, waiting to see if he was going to do anything more. Eventually, he sighed and released me, and I instantly took a step back with a small gasp, my hand massaging my throat.

"Get... out," he said quietly, his voice deadly.

Though I was surprised, the tone of his voice got me moving as I hurriedly made my way out of the office and down to the ground floor, eager to put distance between us. When I reached the foyer I stopped for a second, my hands going to my face wearily with a big sigh. That had been too close... but why did he just let me leave like that?

"There you are!" someone said, and I looked up to see Minho approaching. "Come on, with me."

Without even waiting for me, he started walking away, and though I was shocked at the suddenness, I hurried after him the best I could; pain and fatigue were now making themselves apparent.

As I figured, we ended up in the medical room, where Minho silently gestured to a bed, and I went to sit on it as he rummaged through a cupboard.

"Hyunjin said you're hurt," he said. "Where?"