◇ 23 ◇

❤️‍🔥

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The next morning, I woke up in a relatively good mood. After talking with Hyunjin last night, I realised that it was good to get things off my chest, even if, again, it wasn't something I was used to doing. Plus, I was going to be able to decorate my room today with a cool, icy blue paint, and I hoped it would dry quick enough for me to start building the furniture up.

So, it was with a bounce in my step I left my room to head down to breakfast. However, the good mood instantly vanished when I went down the first flight of stairs. There, in the corridor, was Chan and the girl he'd brought home last night, Kayla, once again all over each other. A sour taste entered my mouth as I saw them, my hands clenching. Chan just happened to glance over and smirked once again when he saw me, raising an eyebrow. I just rolled my eyes and darted past them, trying to keep my cool as I continued on downstairs.

Why was she still here? Was it not a one night stand? But then again, if Hyunjin was right in saying that Chan was trying to make me jealous, it would make sense to keep her around. Didn't make me feel any better, though.

When I reached the kitchen, I saw most of the others already there, eating and chatting without a care in the world. Except for Hyunjin, who instantly picked up on my mood when I sat next to him.

"I already bumped into them," I murmured in disgust, answering his questioning look.

"Surprised she's still here," he admitted quietly. "They usually leave the morning after."

"Hmph," was all I had to say. Would I have been made to leave if I'd stayed that night?

"You gonna eat?" Hyunjin asked, gesturing to the buffet style breakfast food on the table.

Before I could answer, the annoying giggle I'd already come to despise reached my ears as two people entered the kitchen. Some of the guys went silent as they saw Chan and Kayla clinging to each other, watching them in shock; clearly, this wasn't normal for them to see.

"I just lost my appetite," I muttered to Hyunjin.

As Chan sat down at the head of the table, pulling Kayla onto his lap, the guys picked up their conversation again, even if the atmosphere was a little thicker. Beside me, Hyunjin edged his chair closer to mine.

"Your hair looks cute today," he said to me, a playful smile on his face. His hand went to play with the curls at the ends of my hair. "Extra curly, I like it, so pretty."

"Oh, you think I'm pretty?" I asked him with a grin, already catching on to what he was doing.

"Absolutely gorgeous," he winked, and I giggled softly. He grabbed a piece of fruit off a plate nearby. "Open up, buttercup."

My cheeks tinged pink at the pet name, but I let him feed me the strawberry with ease, smiling in appreciation. I saw him glance very briefly at Chan, who I was facing away from, and a small, triumphant smile flashed for a second across his face; I took that as it was working, though I could not see Chan's expression.

"Are you still going to help me later?" I asked Hyunjin lightly.

"Of course," he assured me, then smiled warmly. "Anything for a pretty lady."