◇ 25 ◇

❤️‍🔥

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

After Hyunjin had left, I had relaxed enough that I was super sleepy. Within record time, I got ready for bed and happily snuggled under my duvet, my eyes already closing as I got comfortable.

The sleep, however, was not relaxing, with an unbidden nightmare occurring. In a sweat, I woke up screaming, and I'd had a horrible feeling I'd been screaming out loud in my sleep just before waking up too.

With a gasp, I cut off the scream as woken reality hit me. Still, the feelings of the nightmare lingered, and I was trembling as I tried to regain control of my breathing.

However, this was made worse when I screamed as someone burst through the door, though the fear instantly left when I realised it was Felix, even if he did have a gun in his hand.

Seeing the state I was in and no threat around, he placed the gun on the bedside table and instantly came to me on the bed.

"Hey, you're okay," he said in his soothing deep voice, his arm going around me.

Wordlessly, I leaned into him for comfort, still regulating my breathing. He brought up his other arm to hold me in his embrace.

"Bad dream?" he asked quietly, gently rocking me. I nodded. "Want to talk about it?" I shook my head. "Okay, I'm here for you either way."

"Thank you," I whispered, my breathing just about normal now, but my voice was shaky.

Just then, there was a series of more voices and thunderous footsteps approaching, and not a second later, more of Skz appeared, also with guns drawn. Honestly, if I hadn't been in the state I was in, I would've found it amusing to see them holding guns whilst in their pyjamas, hair dishevelled.

"What is it?" Jisung yelled, looking around wildly. "I'll kill them!"

"Uh, Ji, I think it's a false alarm," Jeongin said in amusement as they all seemed to relax when they saw me on the bed, no threat in sight.

"Oh," Jisung said, relaxing his stance.

"Sorry guys," I said quietly. "It was a bad dream. I'm sorry for troubling you."

"It's no trouble," Seungmin assured me with a smile.

"Lix, how did you get here so fast?" Hyunjin asked, still looking half asleep.

"My room is closest, dummy," Felix chuckled.

"Alex, are you sure you're alright?" Minho asked in concern.

As I nodded, I looked at him... and was shocked to see Chan behind him, closest to the door. The others quickly noticed my gaze, and they all turned to see their leader, who seemed to go red in embarrassment, as if he'd been caught.

"I thought there was a threat to us," he mumbled defensively.

However, when the members said nothing and just stared at him, he tutted and left the room.

"Interesting," Changbin murmured, head tilted to the side in thought.

"Lex?" Minho called to me.