◇ 15 ◇

❤️‍🔥

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was quiet except for our breathing and the small sounds of metal clicking against each other as Jisung poked away at one of my gadgets.

"You're staring," Jisung mumbled as he focused.

"I'm not staring at you," I rolled my eyes, my chin on my arms on the table. "I'm watching what you're doing."

"You're still looking my way," he said. "It's a little distracting."

"Of course I am," I sighed. "You're dissecting one of my gadgets that I've worked on for years."

"You said you didn't mind me having a look at them," he replied with a shrug.

"But I didn't expect this," I said, gesturing to what he was doing.

"Shh, it's okay," he patted my head. "Your precious gadgets will still work when I'm done."

After he patted my head, I just sat and glared at him with a pout, which only made him chuckle.

"It's not funny," I whined.

"It is, and that was adorable," he grinned.

My cheeks went red, and I groaned in frustration, my head slumping back onto my arms. Jisung laughed again, but it quickly turned to a yelp. My head shot up to see a small spark come from the gadget, which emitted a sound like electricity crackling. Jisung was the one pouting now as he cradled his finger.

"Karma," I laughed, then winced as I held my ribs. It had been a few days since the beating, and though I'd mostly recovered, my ribs were still a little sore.

"Rude," he huffed, and I stuck my tongue out at him. "Well, you shouldn't be laughing since your device has croaked."

"What?" I said in shock, standing up to look at the gadget.

Sure enough, with a small pillar of smoke rising from it, the insides were fried and clearly no longer going to work. Frustration coursed through me, knowing that something I'd built myself had been destroyed within minutes by someone else who claimed to be a tech expert.

"Hey now," Jisung said in defence as I turned to look at him with a frown. "It was an accident -"

"You're supposed to be an expert!" I said, lifting my hands and letting them fall.

"Nobody is perfect," he grumbled. "Come on, let's get some food."

"F-food?" I blinked, surprised at the sudden change in topic.

"Yes, food," Jisung said, ushering me to the door. "I find I always feel better after food."

"You're weird," I sighed, but calmer now as I let him lead the way. "Fine, food it is."

Beside me, Jisung grinned in triumph, and I refrained from smiling. Part of me felt like I had to hate them all, but it was hard to hate someone like Jisung, who just seemed like a happy little quokka.

When we arrived at the kitchen, we saw there was already someone there, sitting at the table with an empty bowl in front of him.