◇ 20 ◇

❤️‍🔥

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Today was finally the day. The day I could get out of this damned place. Admittedly, it was for a job, and I'd have Skz watching my every move, but I was excited to be back out in the world.

The job was that we were going to steal some money. Or rather, take back what Skz were owed in a less than honest way. A while back, Skz had loaned someone a large amount of money to get started on running a restaurant. Skz had thought this person was a good friend, but lately when the group had been trying to collect their debts, this so-called 'friend' had been ignoring them, to the point of blocking their numbers and avoiding any member who went there.

So now we were going to get it back. The plan was for Hyunjin and I to dress up in disguises and act as a married couple on their anniversary, which they chose to spend at the expensive, high-end restaurant. Jisung would be hacking into the systems to make the lights go out to allow us to sneak to where the safe that held the money was, and the others were on standby as backup. Sounded easy enough.

~*~

"This wig is itchy," I grumbled, trying to refrain from itching it.

"Oh, I'm sorry, princess," Hyunjin said sarcastically. "It was the best one I could find last minute. Next time, I'll have one made to fit you."

"Sure," I sighed, looking out the car window.

The city streets at night were still fairly busy, but that was fine for us, so we didn't stick out. It had been nice watching the city come into view on the way in, and I'd realised with a pang in my heart how much I missed it. But I couldn't focus on that now.

"You're nearly there," Chan said through the earpieces, which were concealed well so they wouldn't be noticed. "Remember, you both are married, you're in love, make sure you get it right. Alex, do not fuck this up."

"Why me?" I rolled my eyes.

"You know why," his tone was stern. "Anyway, Hyunjin, the owner isn't in, but be careful to not get recognised by any of his goons."

"That's what the disguises are for," Hyunjin replied. "I know what I'm doing, trust me."

"Good," Chan said. "Jeongin, you okay up there?"

"All good," the youngest replied. I was glad the night was clear in terms of weather, as he was on watch duty on top of the buildings nearby.

"Okay," Chan said. "Felix? Ji?"

"Surveillance covered," Felix replied. "I'll let you know if we have any unexpected visitors."

"I'm ready to get into the systems," Jisung added. "Just tell me when."

"Good work," Chan answered. "Seungmin has taken Bin and I a few streets away, ready for backup or a getaway. Minho, when you've dropped those two off, come meet us, I'll send you the location."

"Copy that," Minho answered from the driver's seat of the car we were in. "Just pulling up to the restaurant now."

"Hyunjin, Alex, go radio silent," Chan ordered. "The rest of you, stay alert and do your job."