◇ 34 ◇

❤️‍🔥

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"What is it?" Chan asked sharply.

"A van just pulled up around the corner from us," I heard Changbin say. "I managed to sneak close enough to see two people get out, but they're carrying weapons, and they're masked. I suggest getting out of there now!"

The call ended, and after Chan put his phone away, he started tugging me along at a jogging pace; I kept up with him easily enough. However, as we were nearing the gate, we heard a noise that should've been loud usually, but it had been suppressed. Chan pulled me down in time as a sniper shot went over my head and hit a tree nearby.

"Sniper," he hissed in frustration, then pulled me back up. "Run!"

Without looking around, the two of us bolted for the gates, now at full sprint. More shots sounded but they seemed to be a bad aim as they only seemed to hit near us.

"Come on," Chan urged as we finally reached the iron gates.

Through the gates we went, and headed for Chan's car. But there was a sudden explosion as the car blew up, and we were knocked backwards by the blast, the heat from it immense. As my body hit the ground, I gasped in shock, my breath being knocked out of me. For a few seconds I was slightly dazed, but that went when I felt a bit of pain. However, that wasn't my first concern.

"Chan?" I gasped in a panic, trying to make sense through the smoke from the fire.

"Right here," he said, suddenly helping me up. "Are you hurt?"

"I don't know, maybe," I said, still trying to catch my breath as he pulled me away from the burning wreck that used to be his car.

"Bastards!" Chan exclaimed angrily, staring at the raging fire. He took a breath. "Come on, we still need to get out of here."

Sure enough, there were more shots as we backed away from the smoke and out into the open. I couldn't see where they were coming from, and we were exposed.

"We need cover!" I said, ducking as more bullets flew our way.

Before Chan could reply, an SUV suddenly screeched to a halt beside us.

"Get in!" Seungmin yelled.

Without another word, Chan and I dove into the backseat, and the door was barely closed before Seungmin was gunning it out of there.

"You both okay?" Changbin asked from the passenger seat.

"Oh sure," I said sarcastically, examining my arms; they had a few scratches on them, but nothing serious. From the stinging on my face I probably had some there too. Chan was in a similar state to me.

"Any idea who they could be?" Chan asked Changbin.

Loud pings on the car prevented Changbin from answering, and we all turned to see a car and a van speeding after us. Masked individuals hung out of the passenger windows with guns as they pursued us. Thank goodness the suv was armoured.

"Faster, Seungmin!" Chan urged.

Seungmin nodded once, completely focused as he did what he did best. The car sped up more, weaving through the quiet country roads like it was nothing. The vehicles behind us didn't seem to have as good drivers as Seungmin, as they had to take the twists and turns slower.