◇ 33 ◇

❤️‍🔥

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

To say it was strange at first would be a bit of an understatement. Chan and I were awkward and shy around each other for a few days, but as he spent the majority of his time with me, it definitely helped to be more completely at ease in the other's presence. This change in circumstances was a big help to my well-being, both physical and mental. To Minho's relief, I was now eating better and more willing to stay resting in bed; if Chan got to stay with me, then that's all that mattered. Not that Minho, or the others, knew at first.

It was only for a few days that we managed to keep our developing relationship to ourselves, but everybody knew each other too well. They could see the positive change in mine and Chan's individual behaviours. It didn't take them too long to sus it out, and when they did, they were more happy about it than I thought they'd be; though, I did hear the words 'about time' more often than not.

Having Chan by my side almost all the time... it healed me in ways I never thought I needed healing. Words could never describe how happy I felt to be with him. It was different, very different, to how we used to be, but this affection and care we showed each other, it felt real, it felt natural, like this was how it should've been all along. I was grateful for his presence every single time, not least because he too helped me when I was still confined to the bed.

Thankfully, though, after around two weeks, Minho had deemed me fit enough to be able to move around the mansion by myself. It helped that I'd healed enough that the pain wasn't so bad anymore, but I was still a bit weak, so I had to take it slow. More often than not, I'd be with someone anyway, so if I was struggling, they'd instantly be helping me.

All this recovering meant I couldn't go out on any jobs or missions with the others, which frustrated me as I wanted to help, but I knew I wouldn't be of any use. So, I usually stayed with Felix in his surveillance office whilst the others did the jobs; that adorable ball of sunshine never failed to make me smile anyway.

Week by week, I continued to heal and gain my strength. Minho had told me that at one point I was healing quicker than he'd expected. I'd always been quick with healing, though when I'd lived with Ms Choi I thought it had been to do with her own medicines helping me; maybe some of her mystical power lingered in me? This meant though that I was eventually able to do more and more strenuous activities. I'd also managed to get Changbin's help to build up my strength and mobility again; lying around in bed whilst eating snacks is fun, but it's not good for keeping in shape.

Chan and I continued to thrive in our relationship, and after nearly a month, we were already extremely comfortable with each other, to the point we'd felt like we'd been together much longer. When I was able to move around the mansion more, he still stayed with me when he could; being a leader meant he still had responsibilities sometimes. But whenever we did spend time together, he'd always try to do something nice for me, from small things like making food for me, to bigger things like giving me gifts. One clear, starry night, we lay on a blanket in the back garden, stargazing as we talked for hours... that was the first time we both said 'I love you'.

This relationship also seemed to change Chan in general. Before, he used to be a moody, stony-faced, emotionless person, a leader of a mafia group. But now, it was like a cloud had lifted, and underneath was a sweet, fun-loving guy who smiled a lot; I completely adored his dimpled smile. The others weren't sure at first how to react to it, and it was actually funny to watch, but it wasn't long before they got used to it, and were joking and laughing a lot more than they used to with their leader.