◇ 10 ◇

❤️‍🔥

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I couldn't deny that I was glad to be out of that cell and breathing in the cool air of the night, even if my hands were restrained and I had Minho at my side the whole time.

I was put into the back of a car with Minho next to me and Chan up front driving. It was obvious to me that I wouldn't be able to fight my way free. They were both stronger and armed, whereas I was weak from pain, fatigue, and hunger.

I was also super anxious on the way to Ms Choi's place, my heart drumming at a fast pace, a nauseating feeling in my stomach. My leg bounced up and down, and I chewed on my lip lightly as we drove along. I didn't know how long ago Chan had told the rest of the mafia world about me, but I just hoped it wasn't too long ago. Hopefully, there was still time to get to Ms Choi.

"You do realise that if anything has already happened to her then you're getting fuck all, right?" I said to them, breaking the silence in the car.

"Whatever," Chan rolled his eyes, seeming unconcerned.

Nothing more was said, and I huffed as I sat back in the seat. Clearly they thought they were getting this info no matter what.

When I peered out the window I realised we were in the city again, and already nearing Ms Choi's place. The anxiety kicked up a notch as we turned onto the street and stopped in front of the building.

The lights in Ms Choi's apartment on the bottom floor were on, and I could see a shadow moving slowly behind them.

"Doesn't look like anyone is here yet," Chan said as I breathed a little in relief.

We got out of the car, Chan leading the way up the path as Minho guided me by my elbow. When we reached the front door, Chan looked at the keypad, then at me expectantly.

"Zero, one, four, three," I sighed.

After typing in the code, a green light lit up, along with the sound of the door opening. Through the door we went, closing it behind us. However, before we could go upstairs to my apartment, the door to Ms Choi's apartment opened, and there stood none other than the old lady herself.

"Oh, Alexandra!" she said, her voice laced with concern and tears in her eyes as she came up to me. "I've been so worried!"

As Ms Choi examined my face, Chan and Minho sighed but said or did nothing.

"Ms Choi, please, go back inside," I said shakily, trying to lightly push her back with my restrained hands.

I wanted her nowhere near these two extremely dangerous men, especially with Chan's plan to get me to talk.

"Oh, my girl, what have they done to you?" she said, her voice trembling as she took in my appearance.

"I'm sorry, halmoni," I mumbled, trying not to panic. "I'm sorry I've been gone, I'm sorry I've brought danger to you... I'm sorry I broke my promise."

"Don't be sorry, my dear," she said, cupping my face. "I'm more concerned about you."

"Alright, as touching as this is, we need to get a move on," Chan said impatiently, and Ms Choi glared at him. "Minho, take her upstairs to get what we need, I'll stay with the old lady."