003: highway to fame

ECHO RECORDS was the world's leading music label in the world as it consisted the most legacy acts and 10 times out of 10 always produce a star from their company.

                Dan Nigro, Thea's producer promised Thea that he would get her a label to listen to her demo tape which they worked on together for a while. However, nobody wanted to listen to some washed up producer that still lived with his mother in her basement in Swellview.

           So, Thea came up with the idea just to show her three songs—Happier, Good 4 U (a song she wrote back when her and Caden broke up) and her new song, Deja Vu which was based around the time when Henry was dating Babe, to Piper and Zach who already had connections due to their massive social media followings.

           Thanks to her great social marketing skills, Thea's music grabbed the attention of three record labels.

             One of them being Echo Records who asked the Wilde girl to come down to their headquarters to come and meet their CEO.

            Sitting on the fancy couch, Thea was having lunch with Scottie Davidson. He served as the president and CEO of Echo Records, record executive and A&R executive. He had been working in the music industry his entire life and known for creating stars every single time.

             "This is really good cake." Geoffrey mentioned. He accompanied the girl to the office as her mother was busy with work and didn't want her daughter to go into a room alone with a bunch of strangers.

               "Forgive me, Mr Davidson, Bruno Mars, Line 2."

            "Uh, take a message!" Scottie responded to the phone call in a dismissive manner.

             Thea turned to Geoffrey. "Did she just say thee Bruno Mars?" She spoke in a hushed tone, trying so hard not to squeal out in excitement.

             Scottie ended the call and turned to his clients. "So, like I said before—"

             Piper cut him off. "Hold on, I don't mean no disrespect, Scottie. But you're too big time to take Bruno Mars' phone, how I know what you do to mine or my client's phone calls?"

             After Scottie listened to Thea's demos, Piper somehow convinced him and the public that she was Thea's manager and that whoever wanted to do business with her, then they must contact her first. Thea never confirmed that Piper was her manager but went along with it.

           "Good question, little girl. You see, Bruno's on tour right now and he's visiting Vegas in a couple days. We hired him extra security just in case he won't go near the casinos and he's not happy with us but it's for the best. . ." He told.

     Suddenly, the door bursted in and it revealed to be Dan. "Hey, hey, hey, don't listen to this guy!" The producer accusingly pointed his finger at the powerful music mogul. "This guy, he's a liar and a thief!"

          Thea sent him a scolding look. "Dan!"

            "Trust me, Thea. This man got me kicked out of the industry—"

             Scottie cut him off by shooting up from his chair with a huge grin. "DAN NIGRO, you are a genius!" He exclaimed.