022: swellview's got talent

THE CROWD was cheering as Danny Chest entered onstage. Kid Danger, Danger Girl and Captain Man sat at the judges seats.

      "Good evening, and welcome to Swellview's Got Talent!" Danny Chest shouted while the crowd cheered. "I'm Danny Chest!"

       "We love you, Danny Chest!" A random woman shouted and Thea loudly clapped for the good looking host.

Danny Chest held his hand up, silencing the cheering. "Alright, ladies. Try to control yourselves!"

Thea rested her left cheek on the palm of her hand. "He's even more cuter in person." She wistfully sighed in awe and stared at the gorgeous man through her purple binoculars.

    Danny Chest was one of many Thea's celebrity crushes, so, she was ecstatic when the producers called her, Captain Man and Kid Danger to be featured on the show. Henry folded his arms. "He's not that cute." He mumbled under his breath.

      "Now, let's take a minute to say hello to this week celebrity's judges! Starting with chair number one, everyone knows the basketball's biggest star, Lebrun James!" Everyone cheered before Danny Chest continued. "So, let's all welcome Lebrun's childhood friend, Vanessa Harris!" Thea looked over to see an woman sitting beside Ray as she waved to the crowd but only received polite claps. "And next, the people filling in chair number 2, 3 and 4 are no strangers to anyone here in Swellview, now give it up for Captain Man, Kid Danger and Danger Girl!" Thea turned around in her seat to wave at the crowd while Ray was doing the most by standing up from his seat.

   "Hi Danny Chest." Henry greeted.

     "Hey, Danny Chest." Captain Man said.

   Thea leaned into her microphone as she placed her binoculars down. "Hey, Danny!"

"Alright, then, since we're nearing the end of this competition, do you guys think that any of the performers this week can beat our current front runner?" Danny asked the judges.

      The trio had said that it would be a tough one since all of them are really good but then at the end, they all said 'no.'

  "Well, clearly our judges think that our current front runner, Steven Sharp, is gonna be pretty tough to beat and I'll show you why. Come on out here, Steven!" The judges clapped for a curly haired boy when he walked onto the stage before he high five Danny Chest. "Last week, this guy wowed us with his talent for throwing Cuban zip spikes. Can you give us a little taste of that again?"

    Steven nodded. "Of course, I can. How 'bout I throw it at camera 2?"

"Camera 2, fantastic!" With that, Steven had thrown the spike directly at the camera two without even looking at it. Thea was really impressed with that, there was no way someone could beat him with his act.

    Steven smiled. "Thank you, I'm Steven!" He bowed down at the crowd before he left the stage.

    "Alright, let's bring out the first new performer of the evening, please give an SGT welcome to Harry Hoagie!" Then a man came onstage with a 6 foot hoagie on wheels.

"Hey there, Harry!"
"Nice to meet you, Harry!"
"Hi, Harry!"
"I use to know Lebrun James."

     Henry cleared his throat. "So, Harry. Tell us what you're gonna do tonight."

     "Well, I'm gonna eat this entire 6 foot submarine sandwich in less than 60 seconds." He answered.

     "Alright, 60 seconds on the clock!" Danny Chest said and the clock countdown appeared behind the two men. "Ready. . . Set. . ."