001. new beginnings

A GIRL with long brunette hair that had her hair in spiky space buns and big brown eyes sat in the principal's office while fiddling with her rings on her dainty fingers and softly humming to herself. Not making eye contact with the elderly woman who sat behind a large wooden desk with an annoyed look on her face.

      "You're going to be the death of me, Theodora Jane Wilde! I wanna know what was going through your brain when you did all this?!" The woman seated beside her snapped at her daughter. The teenage girl kept quiet, glancing out at the window, hiding her smile.

      Atticus pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration in his daughter's questionable and reckless behavior, choosing not to scold at his daughter. "What are the consequences this now?" He asked the principal. "Suspension, detention or is she on janitor assistance duty again?"

      "I'm sorry to say this, Mr and Mrs Wilde. But I think the best solution is expulsion," The principal responded and Thea's head snapped to the woman with wide eyes.

   Atticus scoffed in disbelief. "Is this some kind   of joke?"

     "Sadly not, we had given your daughter way too many chances and she is tearing our school's reputation down into shreds, she's the reason why parents are too scared to send their kids to this school 'cause of your kid!"

      "Also the tuition fees." Thea mumbled under her breath which didn't go unnoticed by the adults. Lisa nudged her daughter's elbow to stop talking.

     Lisa scoffed. "This cant be happening, Atticus and I pay $10,000 for our daughter to attend this academy."

    "Well, your daughter should've taken the consequences into consideration when she decided to vandalize the whole school with graffiti art of all the staff members," Then she showed caricature pictures of the staff members on her phone screeen. "Just absolutely disgusting."

      Then she pulled out a glass bottle filled
with water that had the cross symbol as a label. She dipped her fingers into the bottle before she flicked the water at the teenage girl. "Devil child, devil child!" She sneered.

    Thea wiped her face with the long sleeves of her dark red blazer. "I was doing this to win the 8th grade of the year award." She defended herself. "And I think they should be grateful."

    "Your science teacher is currently in the staff room, crying for over an hour after she saw how huge you drew her nose! Do you want to go and see her?" Thea decided to keep her mouth shut now. "Why didn't you hold a bake sale, tutor some kids, not draw pictures, showcasing teacher's insecurities!" Thea just rolled her eyes and sunk into her seat. "I'm sorry, but we have an reputation to maintain and your daughter is weighing us down."

     "Hey, at least you and Dad have $10,000 less to spend this year." Thea grinned at her parents.

     "Thea, for the love of God. Stop talking." Atticus coldly glared at his daughter.

      "Thea, please go and retrieve your items in your locker. I'd like to speak to your parents." The principal ordered.

   Thea mocked an salute before she got up from the seat and headed outside the office.

After coming home from school, Thea was lying down on her bed while playing her a acoustic guitar.

"Lost my spot in my academy,
i lost all my friends, my teachers hates me
at least i got to stay at home
that's the upside of expulsion."